• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to forum with gen 3 questions

Dlguzz

Sep 22, 2020
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hi all. I'm new to diesel. Waiting on factory ordered '21 Bighorn to arrive. Just looking for any known issues on the gen 3 engine in your '20 trucks that I should be aware of. Also, any recommends for most reliable fuel? I was thinking Walmart as I see lots of diesel RV's fueling regularly and therefore fuel should be fresh? Any other tips would be appreciated.

I ordered it with 3.21 gears and 33 gallon tank. I will only tow occasionally. Mostly it will be a long distance travel vehicle.

Anyone have mpg numbers when driving in the 70-80 mph range?

Thanks!

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
I try to always get my fuel from the same, high volume Irving dealer near my house. I also keep every fuel receipt incase of contaminated fuel.

I don't typically drive that fast. Towing it's always 60-65mph. Other than that I usually do the speed limits. Yu will find that the truck gets it's best mileage around 60-65. I see claims of 30mpg at 75mph but I don't really believe that unless they're running a regular cab, 2wd on the dead flat Texas roads with no headwind ;)

Last edited: