• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New-to-Me '14 Laramie Longhorn EcoDiesel

TwoBobs

Mar 3, 2018
Truck Year
Hi gang,

I've had my '14 ED for a couple of weeks now, just turned over 60,000 miles and it's all I've been looking for! I have had a Jeep Commander Hemi that has awesome power, goes ANYWHERE and is very comfortable - but averaging 15.6 mpg's on the highway doesn't cut it when I'm putting 4000 miles a month on my vehicles about 4 months out of the year (I'm an independent sales agent so all expenses are my dime.)

So far I'm averaging 24.1 hand calculated on my RAM - better than what I budgeted for! This RAM is a very comfortable rolling office and the 4WD did it's job getting me through some mud and snow getting to customers this week. The 4WD system isn't as good as my Commander that had electronic locking front and rear diffs and I need AT tires for the RAM but I didn't get stuck.

We purchased a new, larger TT in January and having a longer wheelbase tow vehicle with the diesel should make towing our 25 foot trailer much more comfortable than the Jeep would have been. The Hemi had the power but the shorter wheelbase and the crappy mileage made me a little nervous about this year's upcoming camping trips.

I'm taking the attitude that with the GDE engine and tranny tunes I'm getting later this month and my OCD approach to maintenance I'll sail right past the issues others have had with this powertrain - wishful thinking maybe but at this point I'm committed, right...? ;)

Looking forward to learning a ton and contributing where I can!

Bob