• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to owning a diesel

Bagman51

Jan 14, 2020
Truck Year
Hi from a retired mechanic in Ontario! Worked on construction diesels and big rigs in a previous life.
I have been impressed with these forums and the wealth of knowledge shared here. I am considering my first diesel truck, after much research, and will lean heavily on the experiences of members here.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! If you're buying your first diesel truck and looking at the EcoDiesel, you could be in for a bad time..

With that said, have a read around the forums.. we have a ton of knowledge, and users that have never had a problem!

Bagman51

Jan 14, 2020
Truck Year
Thank you. The more I read, the less I am convinced the ecodiesel is a viable choice. So disappointed but continuing my investigation.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Welcome, I will say a lot of people aren't that happy with the ecodiesel BUT... there are some of us who have had a flawless ownership experience. 2015 bought new and I have never had a check engine light or stutter in roughly 46,000 miles. I will say that after the "recall" for emissions "upgrade ?" ( early November and about 1000 miles ago) I took the plunge and installed an aftermarket engine tune and trans tune to mitigate the poor engineering of the EGR system. (voids warranty but it is EASILY reversible if need be)
I liked the truck before and I like it even better now. Others have not had my good experience.

Bagman51

Jan 14, 2020
Truck Year
All forums have users who win and others that lose. The list of failures seems to be at an extremely high level for this diese,l and repair costs in the heart attack range. I am happy yours is working out for you but, you seem to be in the minority of winners. I thank you for the input!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
All forums have users who win and others that lose. The list of failures seems to be at an extremely high level for this diese,l and repair costs in the heart attack range. I am happy yours is working out for you but, you seem to be in the minority of winners. I thank you for the input!

Yep, but most people don't come on forums to brag on how good their EcoDiesel is either..but rather talk about the bad, so we have to account for that as well.. But I will agree, as far as diesels, it seems to be the most problematic modern diesel out right now, that's for sure.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I hope I didn't come across as braggadocio... I have found the information on this forum to be invaluable as I picked through some of the fantastic posts from people who are very knowledgeable. I firmly believe the reason my truck is still in good running order is because I took a lot of the good advice from some great members here.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I hope I didn't come across as braggadocio... I have found the information on this forum to be invaluable as I picked through some of the fantastic posts from people who are very knowledgeable. I firmly believe the reason my truck is still in good running order is because I took a lot of the good advice from some great members here.

Nope, not at all. I'm just saying that forums usually bring out the worst in things. We have plenty of members here who have had nothing but good luck, and I hope that continues for current and any new members that signs up! :cool: