• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to the forum, but have had my ecodiesel for almost two years. It's a 2015 lone star 4x4. I bought it with 35,000 miles on it and at 47,000 it

Ethan Morris

Mar 18, 2019
Truck Year
New to the forum, but have had my ecodiesel for almost two years. It's a 2015 lone star 4x4. I bought it with 35,000 miles on it and at 47,000 it spun a bearing resulting in a complete new motor being put in. I now have almost 30k on the new engine and had GDE hot tune installed before I ran my first tank of fuel through the new one. I'm hoping to make this one last for a long time. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I will be fully deleting before too long as well.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
you did that hot tune and that is the best thing you can do. You likely do good oil changes with 5w40 synthetic so I think you are set to run it for years and years. I did the hot tune as well and keeping that soot out of the oil is the most important thing. I think that FCA needs to change the oil change frequency to every 5000 miles or find a way to filter the oil much better to keep that gunk off the bottom of the engine.

I think the best thing you can do it use if the right way. Lots of highway miles and not a life of stop / start driving.

Ethan Morris

Mar 18, 2019
Truck Year
Yes I've been using T6 rotella. Trying to do everything right on this one. I love the truck, but still have that scared feeling that it could happen again.