• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Newbie here

longhorn16

Sep 3, 2023
Truck Year
My dad found my truck by pure accident yesterday here in Minnesota, drove a hr to go look at a V6 Laramie, get there to only find out its a eco which definitely wasn't anything I researched, long story short I'm now the proud owner of a absolutely beautiful 16 Longhorn with 90k that was very well taken care of 🙂

basedaf

Feb 10, 2023
Truck Year
Congrats, you'll either be very happy or very sad with your purchase, no in between lol. I bought my truck from a used dealership in Indiana. The inside and outside were super clean, not a scratch or dent on it with over 120k miles. But apparently the previous owner didn't do ANYTHING for maintenance or repair other than change the oil. The air suspension was trashed and would get stuck riding on the bump stops if you put more than 500 lbs in the bed... So I yanked all that crap out and put regular coil suspension in it and coded it out. Then the EGR was leaking and it was also giving symptoms like a bad head gasket (losing coolant fast). Deleted the EGR, still losing coolant. Poured some head gasket in a can into the coolant and it has been fixed for about 20k miles now. Gutted the DPF and bought a tuned ECU off this forum. Ditched the K&N air intake because it was too loud. There was also an exhaust leak at a joint directly under the passenger seat that made it sound like a boost leak (or like a screaming cat or something, it was awful). I put in the Titan 39 gallon diesel tank and I typically get 800-900 miles out of the tank (the dash lies and says I should expect about 1150 from a tank).

Now it's got lots of scratches and little dents, but runs like a top and I'm loving that I can afford to drive a full size truck all over the place and I don't have to go to the gas station all the time.

Welcome to the board, hope some of that info helps you in the future. I haven't seen another full size truck that can go almost 1000 miles to a tank and get 23+mpg and still tow or haul a decent amount, all while being $22k used.

StanRam2

Jul 6, 2023
Truck Year
Congrats, you'll either be very happy or very sad with your purchase, no in between lol. I bought my truck from a used dealership in Indiana. The inside and outside were super clean, not a scratch or dent on it with over 120k miles. But apparently the previous owner didn't do ANYTHING for maintenance or repair other than change the oil. The air suspension was trashed and would get stuck riding on the bump stops if you put more than 500 lbs in the bed... So I yanked all that crap out and put regular coil suspension in it and coded it out. Then the EGR was leaking and it was also giving symptoms like a bad head gasket (losing coolant fast). Deleted the EGR, still losing coolant. Poured some head gasket in a can into the coolant and it has been fixed for about 20k miles now. Gutted the DPF and bought a tuned ECU off this forum. Ditched the K&N air intake because it was too loud. There was also an exhaust leak at a joint directly under the passenger seat that made it sound like a boost leak (or like a screaming cat or something, it was awful). I put in the Titan 39 gallon diesel tank and I typically get 800-900 miles out of the tank (the dash lies and says I should expect about 1150 from a tank).

Now it's got lots of scratches and little dents, but runs like a top and I'm loving that I can afford to drive a full size truck all over the place and I don't have to go to the gas station all the time.

Welcome to the board, hope some of that info helps you in the future. I haven't seen another full size truck that can go almost 1000 miles to a tank and get 23+mpg and still tow or haul a decent amount, all while being $22k used.
The egr cooler is a recall. Had mine done.

longhorn16

Sep 3, 2023
Truck Year

Thanks, not sure whether to be happy or sad lol

A standup guy

Oct 12, 2021
Truck Year
Dealer should be able to check your VIN and see if it has had all the recalls that they can fix at the moment. There are 2 active ones they can't right now. If the previous owner took care of it well its probably had them. Run some diesel fuel treatment, I like hotshots, to help lubricate the fuel pump until they get the recall figured out. Also don't go 10,000 miles to change the oil. I do mine at 7k when the oil temps start to go up and that's with a GDE tune that reduces EGR soot deposits. Without that I'd probably do it sooner.