• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Newbie with sad Chad story.

JW24

Feb 13, 2018
Truck Year
Quick rundown. Bought 2014 EC Laramie in December 16 with 52k on it. Fast forward 13 months and 20k miles later. No problems till about 3k ago. It threw a glow plug code and then developed a oil leak. Took in for service. Come to find out it had an engine swap a couple of months before I bought it that was not disclosed to me albeit I didn’t think to ask.

Repairs get done and tech takes for test drive. Heard a knock so they drop the pan. Yep, you guessed it. Shavings all in it.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Quick rundown. Bought 2014 EC Laramie in December 16 with 52k on it. Fast forward 13 months and 20k miles later. No problems till about 3k ago. It threw a glow plug code and then developed a oil leak. Took in for service. Come to find out it had an engine swap a couple of months before I bought it that was not disclosed to me albeit I didn’t think to ask.

Repairs get done and tech takes for test drive. Heard a knock so they drop the pan. Yep, you guessed it. Shavings all in it.

Welcome, I'm assuming warranty is taking care of you correct?

JW24

Feb 13, 2018
Truck Year
Yes, after Chrysler gets title cleared. This whole debacle has brought to light that the title clerk inadvertently titled my truck as being flooded. Which put a restriction on it. It’s been a long week.