• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

William B

May 3, 2019
Truck Year
Hello fellow Ecodiesel owners. I have read so many helpful posts on this forum that I just had to join you. I have a 2015 Ram with only 13k miles. My cat has already been replaced and the PM sensor is now bad. Ugh, Still love my truck though!

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Well, best you tune it. GDE, Sofa King or PPEI, all good tunes I hear.

I doubt your DPF or sensor is bad. More likely you pull that EGR tube and MAP sensor and find that they are a mess. No one finds it because the software does not look for it.

William B

May 3, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks cs in AL. I'm considering the EGR bypass. I'm in Massachusetts so does anyone have ideas on my chance of passing the emissions test with the GDE tune and EGR bypass?

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
people in CA pass so I think you would be ok. What is an EGR bypass? If you go with the tune, it just electronically turns it off.

Last edited:

William B

May 3, 2019
Truck Year
people in CA pass so I think you would be ok. What is an EGR bypass? If you go with the tune, it just electronically turns it off.

I definitely like the tune idea better cs. Thanks. The bypass caps off the egr at the exhaust side of the tube. Crud doesn't reach the intake. I'm sure the tube is nasty.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I definitely like the tune idea better cs. Thanks. The bypass caps off the egr at the exhaust side of the tube. Crud doesn't reach the intake. I'm sure the tube is nasty.
that seems like it would still get the EGR and EGR cooler hot. Because the cooler is such a piece of junk I would try to tune it.