• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Newby

Class 8

Sep 8, 2020
Truck Year
Hello. I’m new to this thread. I have extensive and expensive experience with diesel after treatment systems, with class 8 trucks.
I don’t know a lot about 3.0 liter Diesels. I purchased a 2014 Jeep gc eccodiesel new and it was problem free up to 77k, except for a cattilitic converter replaced under warranty. At 77k I kept getting a check engine light but no reduction in power or other noticeable issues. I purchased extended warranty when I bought new, so the dealer kept fixing it at no cost and gave me a loaner each time. However, they would have it for 3-5 days and it would go back on within 2 days after picking it back up. I t was too much of a hassle, so I traded it in on a new gc with a 5.7 hemi. My ED was used for my daily commute of 90 miles round trip at 65-80 mph. I attribute that to not having some of the problems others have had. IMO the worst application for a diesel is in town or short runs. You Have got to keep the particulate filter clean by running at higher rpms for longer periods of time.

Anyway, I have a 2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon and love it, 5200 miles so far. I am also considering a Ram 1500 ED, I’m thinking 3.92 ratio as opposed to 3.21. I was hoping to find some reassurance on this site or other, that the current generation ED, is solid. I am obsessed with low end torque and the drivability of diesels. Over and out.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Wait until Fiat replace the 3.0. with something like this

1599605436759.png

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! It's still up in the air if the 2020 is more reliable. I'm leaning toward no as we've already had members that have 2020s with issues.

Still, if you purchase a new EcoDiesel, just make sure to have a warranty and maintain it, and it will likely treat you well.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its FPT (Fiat Power Technology) I have look all over for the other side, It has the exhaust, Intake and turbo all on that side, look how the cooling works, I've never seen that before on 6 Bore.

Class 8

Sep 8, 2020
Truck Year
Welcome! It's still up in the air if the 2020 is more reliable. I'm leaning toward no as we've already had members that have 2020s with issues.

Still, if you purchase a new EcoDiesel, just make sure to have a warranty and maintain it, and it will likely treat you well.
Always follow the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance Schedule.