• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

No Start Eco

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
My 2015 EcoD won't start today. Been running flawless...no codes. Push button acc/start.....I can hear fuel pump working....press to start and I get a short burst of life then engine shuts off. Battery voltage appears to be good. AGM battery 2 years old. Tried starting a dozen times and same issue each time. Nothing on EVIC and no codes on reader.......stumped....please any help would be appreciated

Eric sola

Jun 10, 2022
Truck Year
My 2015 EcoD won't start today. Been running flawless...no codes. Push button acc/start.....I can hear fuel pump working....press to start and I get a short burst of life then engine shuts off. Battery voltage appears to be good. AGM battery 2 years old. Tried starting a dozen times and same issue each time. Nothing on EVIC and no codes on reader.......stumped....please any help would be appreciated
Try jump start the battery can read 12 volts but drop to 10 while cranking

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
Well, I go to get my truck with our local tow truck driver and he wants to have a listen so I try to start it half a dozen times ....same issue. He immediately thinks its a key fob / security issue the way it just cuts off with no CEL or codes on reader. So we disengage the transmission lock switch and roll it about 30 feet to position it for the flat deck....and on a whim I jump in and it fires right up. No issues drives flawlessly the 20 kms to the dealer. I explain to lead mechanic the issue and he asks to see my FOB ...he comes back 5 minutes later and says he's replaced the FOB battery no charge and to see what happens over the next couple days. I've now started the truck multiple times and it starts right up every time. .......bottom line is I'm still perplexed and crossing my fingers and toes that it was that simple. I'm out $60.00 for a tow service call and a $20.00 Tim Hortons gift card to the mechanic who was really great to deal with!
Cheers

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
Try jump start the battery can read 12 volts but drop to 10 while cranking
Hey Eric, I should have mentioned that I did try a jump start.....battery showed 13V on EVIC while hooked up to other vehicle and I noticed the drop to 10V when I tried to start. Is this the normal sequence? Thanks for your reply...Really appreciate the input

Cheers

Eric sola

Jun 10, 2022
Truck Year
Hey Eric, I should have mentioned that I did try a jump start.....battery showed 13V on EVIC while hooked up to other vehicle and I noticed the drop to 10V when I tried to start. Is this the normal sequence? Thanks for your reply...Really appreciate the input

Cheers
I have a lot of battery experience so only batteries with weak sells will do that normally voltage will stay near 12 while cranking

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
well that didn't last long..... I actually did get it to start on the 10th or so try and it ran and idled normally for a minute or so then died.....back to no start..... same symtoms....tries for a second then shuts off. My HPFP is making a slight hissing air leak kinda sound when I let the fuel sytem prime up before starting. Looks like its going to the shop on Monday