• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

obd2 tuning

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
What's to put the Buyers at ease when they do something g stupid like accidently unplugs before competed.

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
What happens when the owner experiences de-rate power codes pulls over and plays with the device and locks it up? and worst yet left his recovery files back home 300 miles away and its Friday Night, unless your seasoned at vehicle flashing and changes its best to leave that up to the experts...
We are server based, you can access our cloud anywhere with a hotspot.
So you can't simply play around and mess things up. Once you're flashed you can't grab the file again unless we release it. No hiccups!

We have also adjusted the colourist for the important "vehicle will not restart in x miles because of x sensor bad"...nope! GONE! being stranded in the middle of nowhere because your sensor can't do its job properly even though you've kept up with all the maintenance. That puts you in a very compromising position and is absolutely absurd.

SFT tune, problem solved! 👍

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
What's to put the Buyers at ease when they do something g stupid like accidently unplugs before competed.
We have the ability to access the nvram. We preserve it during the initial read so in the event of catastrophic failure; say the plug came loose Midway through, the flash device going bad your PC shutting off, name your variable.

We have been able to recover 100% of vehicles bricked by other tuning devices/user error. All via OBD2 in the comfort of the clients home. We never have them send anything to us.

We at Sofa King Tuned LLC have been able to get vehicles out of limp mode because the DPF was full, DPF was removed, DEF tank sensor was bad or removed, emissions-related or a non-responsive ECU unit. We have been able to recover 100% of all of them.

Hopefully this puts some people at ease.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep.. the DEF Injector code has left Many stranded...Actual event Rick was fishing in CA when the DEF injector code pop X miles before MAX speed of 35MPH, You can't drive 35MPH for 600 Miles, Ended up Renting vehicle driving Home...The Selling Dealer Paid for the rental and employee to go Back to CA Ram (Dealer) and return rental and Drive Ricks truck Back to X MN.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Post 23.....Awesome, Because that's a problem when it happens, and no contingency for recovery.

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
Yep.. the DEF Injector code has left Many stranded...Actual event Rick was fishing in CA when the DEF injector code pop X miles before MAX speed of 35MPH, You can't drive 35MPH for 600 Miles, Ended up Renting vehicle driving Home...The Selling Dealer Paid for the rental and employee to go Back to CA Ram (Dealer) and return rental and Drive Ricks truck Back to X MN.
Several clients have had this happen many times.

Storytime; Around 6 p.m. we got an email asking if we could fix the dreaded "Service DEF system see dealer, vehicle will not start" even though the member client had just filled with 8 gallons of DEF the day previously. We overnight shipped an ECU device to them with the intention to only get them going and by 10 a.m. they were up and running with our stage 1 tuning. They returned later to upgrade to a stage 2 tuning in order to prevent this in the future also to combine our transmission tune. They went from somewhere around 19 MPG to upper twenties as well. 27 MPG if I recall correctly. 0 problems since. Once they made contact with us, we had them up and running in less than 24 hours.

Another quick story, a client went in for the AEM update but was previously tuned using distilled water in his DEF tank. After leaving the dealership he got the dreaded 300 miles until vehicle will not restart. By the time he contacted us had 130 miles left. Same deal, sent out an overnight ECU device, next day all problems (vehicle related) solved.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Since were telling Stories, I believe the recovery, No way on that Mileage! unless, something was wrong, cooked, or mistaken, or 1 time event and is NOT the Avg MPG.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I should be more clear I believe the 27 MPG ...NOT the 19 MPG Avg, the 19 May have been Avg City and 27 HWY.

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
I should be more clear I believe the 27 MPG ...NOT the 19 MPG Avg, the 19 May have been Avg City and 27 HWY.
trust me I'm on your side. I worked with this guy for several weeks to improve his MPG before he finally got our tunes. I had him check the rear drums to see if they were sticking, clean the map sensor, change the fuel filter, change the oil, use fuel cleaner additives, asked to monitor the coolant and oil temperatures, asked what speeds they drove, so I told him to expect maybe 20 or 21 MPG. This was post AEM update that he was getting this crap. We have noticed a lot of problems, as everybody else has post AEM update