oil change yesteerday and I got the 5-40w

• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

SuperTodd

Sep 28, 2015
Southern Oregon
Truck Year
I knew about the service bulletin, and when I saw my invoice with 5-40 syn oil, I questioned it. the counter guy didn't know and called up the mechanic. The Mechanic said they had a service bulletin. My only concern the service Bulletin said 2016 models. Mine is a 2015, I hope this oil is ok in my truck.

Cliffy

Aug 16, 2015
Truck Year
Still no change in Canada.
The GM at my Dealer in Ontario, saw me and told me of the changes himself and that was a couple of weeks ago. I'd ask your dealer to look into this.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Washington State
Truck Year
Had my 2nd oil change yesterday. Talked to the service advisor and thanks to this site I had the bulletin in my hand! He was well informed and already knew about the change.
I asked him if he had any ideas why there would be a change and he told me they are never given any information why. In our conversation he did mention that they had replaced 1 complete ecodiesel engine at their dealership under warranty.
They still can't keep ecodiesels on the lot. They only had one there and ecodiesels continue to be a good seller.
They also installed a flash for the integrated trailer brake module.
My truck has 15000 miles on it.
Close to 10% of my miles are towing my 5000 lb camper so I have started a 7500 mile service interval.

Reactions: BoostN