• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil in my coolant reserve tank

Christian21

Apr 20, 2022
Truck Year
hello ! I have a 2014 ecodiesel ram. It has 90k miles right now and I noticed it has oil in the coolant reservoir tank. I have read on the internet pages that it has an oil cooler. I would like to know if this is covered by a manufacturer's warranty? If someone happened to him and can tell me if the warranty covered it or what I can do, I would appreciate it!

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Probably a bad engine oil cooler. If not that, a blown head gasket.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
likely the Coolant exchanger on Drivers side engine, Unless you have extended Warranty its not covered, and can Destroy the rotating mass of engine (Generally if cot early and fixed its avoidable) , HOAT/ OAT coolant mixed with Engine lube with CAL creates micro sand balls, Some early engines were replaced By Fiat when this happened 2014-15, When it was happening by the 100+ Fiat started just replacing parts and trying to get all the lube out of the Coolant, You need to do OA and see how Much coolant mixed in the crankcase lube, the Oil PIS is higher the coolant PSI, but it will mix when sitting for periods of time.

Woodster

Sep 23, 2021
Truck Year
Stop driving it!
There was no warning on my truck and I am now 8k out of pocket.
Tow it to a shop. This is a Major issue and I have been without the truck for 7 months on back ordered parts.
The dealership was WORTHLESS.

Woodster

Sep 23, 2021
Truck Year
hello ! I have a 2014 ecodiesel ram. It has 90k miles right now and I noticed it has oil in the coolant reservoir tank. I have read on the internet pages that it has an oil cooler. I would like to know if this is covered by a manufacturer's warranty? If someone happened to him and can tell me if the warranty covered it or what I can do, I would appreciate it!
Please see my reply