• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

oil leak in front

Ralph Aguilar

Sep 1, 2018
Hello – I have 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel and 39402 Miles. I just noticed this oil leak in front of the serpentine belt and have been looking on where is the oil leak. It looks like a dry oil. I don’t know if I spilled oil while doing oil change. I haven’t brought my truck for any service except replacing a defective headlight. As you notice I am nearing 40K miles and my warranty will be off soon and debating if I am going to bring my truck to the dealer. I am hesitant to bring it to the dealer because I don’t want them to touch anything. As all of you aware not too many mechanics knows how work on diesel. If you have seen this on your truck what was the issue and what is the part number? Is it the valve cover gasket? I am pretty much handy and worked all the cars on my own and as of now since it is a small leak and it seems that it would not cause any damage I am not going to touch it till it is a big problem. I don’t think I am loosing oil. at 30K miles I switched to Rotella but before I was using Mobil 1 ESP 5W30. I am running GDE hot tune. Other than the headlight and the update on the ECM way back in 2016 was the only thing that was done to the car. I have done all the recommended maintenance such as fuel filter and rear differential oil change. around 35K miles went to Virginia Beach, VA back to Chicago and drove straight and it was the first time the car run for 12 hours continuously. Any help would greatly appreciated. Please see attached pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_1493.JPG
    IMG_1493.JPG
    271.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1492.JPG
    IMG_1492.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1498.JPG
    IMG_1498.JPG
    331.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1497.JPG
    IMG_1497.JPG