• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil leak.

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
Just had my first oil change a few weeks ago by dealer. 1st one is free. I just noticed today, oil drops on my driveway. Checked plug, ok, checked filter, found puddle. Followed oil trail to oil fill. Looks like oil fill is an added part. Looks like my oil leak is coming from that joint. Don't know if it's pressure pushing oil out, or if those guys tweeked the spout to hard adding oil and broke something.
2f95d813aa7abbcd969b7acd53207626.jpg

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
Ok, so my truck has been in the shop this whole time since this post. I was told that they had to take the timming cover off to fix the oil leak, and also had to change a sensor. Some part was on back order.. now today I got a really confusing phone call. They had to order fuel lines. I asked him if he called the wrong customer, because my truck was in for an oil leak. He said yes.. you have to change the fuel lines when pulling the cover... Anyone know about this, or want to shed some light on what's happening with my truck?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Man that's terrible. How an oil change turns into fuel lines in beyond me. I hope they are taking care of you. It was obviously they're doing that started this mess.

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
After some complaining the 2nd day it was in the shop, they put me in a 2014 loaded Ram with the Hemi that cost me $8-10 a day in fuel.. It's nice, but not my truck! They have had my truck long enough that I have put 1400 miles on their's, and little over 40hrs run time.. Oh, and they fired their Oil Tech sometime after he changed my oil, and before I took it back.. there was numerous other complaints... But I don't think put someone out of their ride, like me.. Be interesting to hear what Shawn thinks about my file lines needing changed after taking the timing chain cover off.

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
Any update? Get your ED back or are you still burning hemi-loads of gasoline?

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
No update. Still burning gas. Was supposed to get it back yesterday or today.. no word as yet. I have their loaner for 1900 miles, and 53 hours run time.

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
Update: Any time the fuel lines are removed from the injectors they have to be replaced per Chrysler. I was told fuel lines would be in last Tuesday, truck done Wednesday or Thursday. Stopped in today to check on it. The fuel lines are a back order item.. So they still may or may not show up at the projected time.. truck has been in shop over a month for an oil leak.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
This is typical with a lot of high pressure common rail injection systems. Because they run such high pressures and are normally snap together fittings on plastic tubes they are replaced as a kit any time they are disconnected. And the lines go through the valve covers as the injectors are underneath the cover.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
The only lines I can see you'd need to replace are the two plastic quick disconnect lines that connect to the hpfp for the return or send side but they're pretty robust as I've removed mine and they've been fine. Now the injector rubber hoses are really delicate I can see them breaking and the hp steel lines I cannot see them needing to be replaced so early. I broke my flexplate on Fridayand while I was underneath in the back I can see a couple of oil leaks coming from the back top of the motor but the front top and sides are spotless. What a crappy predicament since we have wives that look at us goofy when we tell them we took the truck into the dealer for an oil change and $2000 later we have new seals and hoses. Sorry to hear about your predicament

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
So shawn how have you skated through so many miles without an oil cooler failure? And also what were any gains in efficiency etc. That you saw in your intake you designed? And will it be feasible to remove every 2 years and replace with stock in order to pass CA smog

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
I don't use the mopar coolant. Please don't rush out and swap out your coolant based on me because I don't know how mines gone so long, but I was not special since my radiator soldering an thermostat were completely being eaten by something. Also the intake really dosnt do anything for mileage for the average everyday driver. The high flow intake tubes you see really only help with towing and the higher rpm and really really stand out when you combine that with tuning and deleting the intercooler muffler

Bad-Tat

Oct 8, 2015
Truck Year
I don't use the mopar coolant. Please don't rush out and swap out your coolant based on me because I don't know how mines gone so long, but I was not special since my radiator soldering an thermostat were completely being eaten by something. Also the intake really dosnt do anything for mileage for the average everyday driver. The high flow intake tubes you see really only help with towing and the higher rpm and really really stand out when you combine that with tuning and deleting the intercooler muffler
Shawn,
Did you go with prop coolant?

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
Update: I stopped by dealer to check if fuel lines had made it yet. They just did Tuesday morning. It's more than a couple of lines.. looks to be around 8 lines. My truck looks like a hot mess. So I'm like, now you got the lines it will be a couple days right.. he evaded the question, and said if the placement isn't right on the lines he will have to recalibrate, or something to that nature. I guess it's $10 a day for gas for the next few days... But now I have to worry about a mechanic unfamiliar with my engine piecing it back together.. I almost just want another truck..

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
I'm sorry there is something not right and this story your dealer is telling you is super fishy, ask any ase certified really experienced diesel shop and they'll call b.s. Too. They are replacing all 6 of your injector lines and both injection pump hoses for a timing cover removal? Yeah fing right. The injector lines are not damaged or degraded upon removal for sure, somethings up$ or they're really stupid.

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
Update: Fuel lines came in last Monday, or Tuesday. Still no call to pick up. I go check on it this morning. Mechanic admits to me that he lost 2 O ring gaskets, had to order new ones last Friday. Here we are, waiting on freaking parts. Oh, and I say I'm running out of patience, I can't wait to get my truck back. He says I can't wait for it to be gone. I'm tired of it sitting here! I have now made 2 truck payments, and 2 insurance payments on a truck I don't have.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Really a bummer. I hope the figure it out and get it back to you soon. In one properly functioning piece.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
OK kz, for one I hate your name, it makes me hungry everytime I read it. Kc is my favorite BBQ sauce. Two, I'm sorry for my previous comments, so this last week I was at the dealer back in the bay working with the tech on a jeep ed. So seeing what the tech has done and with myseld removing the fuel lines yesterday, I will now tell you the injector overflow fittings are more fragile than thin China. And super hard to get from parts. I happened to remove all 6 of mine with no damage, but who knows if I can do it again without them breaking

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
Hungry KC masterpiece. Lol

52 days.. I finally got my truck back! It was gone so long the kids. 14, and 10. Forgot what it looked like. I meet with them next Monday to settle my inconvenience, and make sure I return as a customer.

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
This last week I didn't have my truck was because the mechanic lost some O ring gaskets, and what not. And had to wait for new ones to finish assembly.

Connie

Sep 16, 2015
Truck Year
Man is sucks to hear all the time you have spent not having your truck...and how screwed up can service be to loose o rings.. I hope to see some positive posts soon from you!!!