• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil leak

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
They replaced the entire piece including the orings ,once when I started this thread and again almost exactly a year from then. It’s a cheap piece of plastic with orings going into aluminum so it’s going to be prone to failure. Just one of many things to watch on this truck. Both times it was replaced under the power train warranty. Service guy said it would be about an $80 part plus labor out of warranty but that’s the service tech the stealership may jack it up from there.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
hey nutt, you are still under warranty, this housing is one unit and is $750. The gaskets are all not serviceable. I mean the dealer does not carry one for the oil cooler or the entire housing. So get it changed now, Mine is being completely torn apart and reengineered for aftermarket parts right now, But the big question is whos changing your oil? ill bet it isnt you, And im absolutely sure your dealer kid is taking your cap off way too fast and oil is spilling out, which is super stupid and getting all the dirty oil into your clean side. I made a video about it last week. Im pretty sure your not leaking oil out of a gasket, wash it all off and watch it. Nothing to trade it off for.
I did that first time i changed my oil! Start at the bottom first! ha ha

Tydinelle

Aug 6, 2019
Truck Year
They replaced the entire piece including the orings ,once when I started this thread and again almost exactly a year from then. It’s a cheap piece of plastic with orings going into aluminum so it’s going to be prone to failure. Just one of many things to watch on this truck. Both times it was replaced under the power train warranty. Service guy said it would be about an $80 part plus labor out of warranty but that’s the service tech the stealership may jack it up from there.
Hey Nutt,
My ram is also leaking in that spot, you wouldn't happen to remember what that part was called would you? Let me know,
Thanks