• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil Leak

MXZ0588

Mar 24, 2020
Truck Year
Hey Guys,

anyone had oil leak issues with there eco diesel engine? I noticed a small leak when I changed my serpentine belt a few months ago coming form the timing chain cover on the passenger side of my 17' eco. Brought it to the dealer about 6 weeks ago. They RTV'ed it and put it back together. Fast forward a month I have a sizeable steady leak now coming from the driver side behind the AC clutch. Every time I stop I leave a sizeable puddle. Truck goes back to the dealer next week. Just curious if others have chassed this same issue. I'm now out of warranty. Little worried about having continued issues in the future and getting stuck with the repair costs on this lemon. IMG_1838.jpg

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Hey Guys,

anyone had oil leak issues with there eco diesel engine? I noticed a small leak when I changed my serpentine belt a few months ago coming form the timing chain cover on the passenger side of my 17' eco. Brought it to the dealer about 6 weeks ago. They RTV'ed it and put it back together. Fast forward a month I have a sizeable steady leak now coming from the driver side behind the AC clutch. Every time I stop I leave a sizeable puddle. Truck goes back to the dealer next week. Just curious if others have chassed this same issue. I'm now out of warranty. Little worried about having continued issues in the future and getting stuck with the repair costs on this lemon. View attachment 4014
My timing chain cover was doing the same. Fixed under warranty 30k ago. Not leaked since.