• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil Pressure Low/Knocking Noise

Cameron Garrett

May 18, 2020
Truck Year
I have a 2019 RAM Classic Ecodiesel.

Friday after picking my daughter up from school, the oil pressure low lamp started going on and off, jumping from 0 to 20 on the oil pressure gauge. I started hearing a knocking noise from under the hood and so I pulled over and got the truck towed to the dealership that I brought it from. The oil level was good and nothing leaking. The truck is at 35,640 miles and about 2,000 miles from my next oil change.
I feel like I have already found my answer from reading other post… but does this sound like a bearing issue? Also, when you guys have brought in your trucks for warranty work, do they provide you a vehicle to use in the meantime?
Thank you all for any help and answers. Kind of upset to be dealing with this after only 35,000 miles.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Depends on the dealer for loaner, it seems 50/50 if they give you one. But yes, sounds like you lost a motor as you've already found out likely. Keep us updated on the dealers findings!

Cameron Garrett

May 18, 2020
Truck Year
Depends on the dealer for loaner, it seems 50/50 if they give you one. But yes, sounds like you lost a motor as you've already found out likely. Keep us updated on the dealers findings!
They loaned me one, thankfully. They said it may be a few days before they can look into my truck more due to it looking like it’s going to be serious.

One other thing though, one of the mechanics looked at the oil change sticker and the auto shop I go to always puts the next change mileage 5,000 from the last. And the mechanic made a comment about me going too long… but I have been going between 8,000 and 10,000 on the ecodiesel? And mostly just go by the oil life on the info screen. Thanks for the reply!

JohnnyMac

May 19, 2019
Truck Year
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Cameron Garrett

May 18, 2020
Truck Year
So they just now called me back. They said the engine IS blown and they had Chrysler approve putting a new one in. So they ordered it and should be here next week. It’s already been 15 days since I dropped it off… Would it be a good idea pursuing just trading it in on a gas RAM while it’s there? Even with a new engine, I’ll never trust it again.

JohnnyMac

May 19, 2019
Truck Year
There's a lot of these trucks out there without any issues. I, personally, wouldn't trade it. The money it will cost you in losses for a trade could be spent on a tune/delete and you'll eliminate a good portion of the problems that occur with these motors.

Cameron Garrett

May 18, 2020
Truck Year
There's a lot of these trucks out there without any issues. I, personally, wouldn't trade it. The money it will cost you in losses for a trade could be spent on a tune/delete and you'll eliminate a good portion of the problems that occur with these motors.
Man, believe me. I don’t want to. I had already leveled it, put BFG all terrains on it, grille guard, and tinted the windows. So I have it set up exactly like I want it. I am just worried about later down the road. I wouldn’t even trust it now to go on a road trip. I did ask the service tech if a newer generation engine would go back in it, but he said that he wasn’t sure.

JohnnyMac

May 19, 2019
Truck Year
Man, believe me. I don’t want to. I had already leveled it, put BFG all terrains on it, grille guard, and tinted the windows. So I have it set up exactly like I want it. I am just worried about later down the road. I wouldn’t even trust it now to go on a road trip. I did ask the service tech if a newer generation engine would go back in it, but he said that he wasn’t sure.
Totally understandable. I've been fairly lucky so far. I can pretty much guarantee you won't get a new generation motor. I was reading that they are configured differently and would require quite a few modifications to fit.

Cameron Garrett

May 18, 2020
Truck Year
Totally understandable. I've been fairly lucky so far. I can pretty much guarantee you won't get a new generation motor. I was reading that they are configured differently and would require quite a few modifications to fit.
I will probably just tune/delete when I get it back. I know there are already a lot of threads on this forum about it, but is there a specific one that most people like/use the most? And also, should I just go ahead and cancel my max pro warranty and get the refund since I assume that will void it? Thanks for the replies.

JohnnyMac

May 19, 2019
Truck Year
I will probably just tune/delete when I get it back. I know there are already a lot of threads on this forum about it, but is there a specific one that most people like/use the most? And also, should I just go ahead and cancel my max pro warranty and get the refund since I assume that will void it? Thanks for the replies.
There are people on this forum know better than me what the best tune is, although you'll probably get answers similar to asking what the best oil or best tires are. Everyone likes what they have. I just got my EGR recall completed so will be tuning (not deleting) here in the next month or so until my warranty runs out in '23 and then I'll delete. I am leaning towards MRTuning out of Canada, but still haven't made my mind up. I would prefer to keep my $$ in the USA, however I worry that as soon as I tune, the EPA will shut down the company and then I'm left without support. Maybe a Canadian company would be more immune from that?

RazedbyVikings

Jan 18, 2022
Truck Year
I have a 2019 RAM Classic Ecodiesel.

Friday after picking my daughter up from school, the oil pressure low lamp started going on and off, jumping from 0 to 20 on the oil pressure gauge. I started hearing a knocking noise from under the hood and so I pulled over and got the truck towed to the dealership that I brought it from. The oil level was good and nothing leaking. The truck is at 35,640 miles and about 2,000 miles from my next oil change.
I feel like I have already found my answer from reading other post… but does this sound like a bearing issue? Also, when you guys have brought in your trucks for warranty work, do they provide you a vehicle to use in the meantime?
Thank you all for any help and answers. Kind of upset to be dealing with this after only 35,000 miles.

RazedbyVikings

Jan 18, 2022
Truck Year
New to the group
My Ecodiesel blew up mid December at 20,500 miles. Total loss due to the oil all spraying out the front of the motor.
I'm offered a new replacement engine. That motor is unfortunately caught up somewhere in the supply chain.
What was your outcome?