• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

OIL PRESSURE

John

Nov 13, 2015
18 PSI

the truck does not have an actual oil pressure sending unit. it's only a switch. the psi value is calculated based on oil temperature and RPM.

the low oil pressure light will come on if the pressure gets too low (4.35 PSI)

EARL KITCHENS

Jul 3, 2015
Truck Year
Thank you John. Mine is 18. Yesterday afternoon I had driven about 35 miles on the Interstate pulling a small trailer with a Polaris Ranger. When I got off the Interstate and was sitting at the red light it sounded like the engine was knocking. It only sounds like that idling and at low speed. Any ideas what I may be hearing? This just started yesterday afternoon.

John

Nov 13, 2015
hopefully not but a rod knock could indicate a spun rod bearing. not to sound too alarming several of these engines have experienced bottom end failures. how many miles?

EARL KITCHENS

Jul 3, 2015
Truck Year
48,000 MILES. If it is a rod I will be very very disappointed. All I have ever done is brag on this truck. Is there a site I can go to and find out about these bottom end failures? I just want to be informed when I go to the dealer. How long is the engine warrantied for? Thanks.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I don't mean to alarm you. 5 year 100,000 miles on the powertrain warranty. sometimes a poor batch of fuel can change the engine sound and could be mistaken for a knock.

EARL KITCHENS

Jul 3, 2015
Truck Year
No problem. i will find out tomorrow. I appreciate your input.