• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil Recomendations

Dkwarner1

Mar 23, 2020
Truck Year
Hi, I bought my first diesel and its a 2014 Ram 1500 3.0 Ecodiesel. I would like to change the oil in it myself and have watched many video's. I would like to know the best oil to use. I would like this truck to last for a very long time. The manual calls for ACEA C3 5W30 or Pennzoil Ultra Euro Full Synthetic 5W30. What does the best job?

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
5w30 recommendation/requirement is obsolete, 5w40 is the choice, I'm currently running ROTELLA T6, but there are other brands available, just make sure it meets the criteria.

MarkS

Jan 31, 2018
Truck Year
I have changed the oil in my 2015 Ecodiesel several times. According to factory service bulletin 18-078-16, issued in July 2016, use 10.5 quarts of SAE 5w-40 Rotella Full Synthetic engine oil. I buy a 2,5 gal container of it at Walmart for $56 (latest price). I order a Mopar filter online for about $40 and that is all you need. The dealer wanted to charge me $215 plus tax for the oil change. The owners manual says change oil every 10.000 miles and I have heard diesel techs recommend every 5,000 so I change at 7-7,500 miles. But I drive mostly highway and very little city with no towing. With hard use change it more frequently. Torque filter housing to 18ft# and drain plug to 33ft#. Hope this helps.