• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Opting Out of FCA, EPA, Class Action Lawsuit

Big Bob

Jan 25, 2018
Truck Year
Anyone opting out of the FCA, EPA, Class Action Lawsuit? If so, who are you using as an Attorney? I am concerned about the devaluation it is causing.

John

Nov 13, 2015
No devaluation in my area. The dealers are getting a premium. After opting in for the settlement the truck will have an extensive emissions warranty for another 4 years and will likely increase the resale value.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I am not going to opt out. I might if the truck had caused me a lot of trouble. My experience has been ideal, it is has never had a single repair. When my engine warranty is up at 100k I am going to do the full delete and run it until the wheels fall off.

I understand the new eco's (2020) will record and report any tuning so I think I will not buy anything new for quite some time. I have run the GDE tune since 5k miles. I would never try to run a diesel with an EGR. It is just too destructive to the engine.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
My truck has been flawless also. I will not be opting out either. I have only been to the dealer once for my 1st free oil change. Will probably do GDE tune and delete later too.

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
I did opt out, I signed the papers This past Friday 3/15/19 . I will go after total purchase cost of the truck, Plus. I have been offered low trade in value. I went to three different dealers, I wanted to trade this truck in for a ford or a GMC.
Here is a link to website: http://www.yourlegaljustice.com/ecodiesel-fraud-compensation-mass-tort-lawsuit-lawyers/ I was told the firm is representing three thousand other eco ram owners

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I did opt out, I signed the papers This past Friday 3/15/19 . I will go after total purchase cost of the truck, Plus. I have been offered low trade in value. I went to three different dealers, I wanted to trade this truck in for a ford or a GMC.
Here is a link to website: http://www.yourlegaljustice.com/ecodiesel-fraud-compensation-mass-tort-lawsuit-lawyers/ I was told the firm is representing three thousand other eco ram owners
what year is your truck and what did they offer for it, if you don't mind my asking

Gossman78

Oct 2, 2016
Truck Year
I opted out as well. Signed the paperwork 3 weeks ago with the same firm @justlucky I talked to the lawyer directly. As I already bought the extended warranty my risk is losing the $3k. I went to my local dealership to discuss trade in and they gave me an offer that wasn't serious. full price for a dealer demo b/c they had to 'sell this ED'.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I have the 2015 ED, stock, but it is the HFE version with vinyl upholstery, cheap radio, no remote entry (keys in the lock). My trade in at 75k miles is 19k. The sticker was 38k and I paid 33k. At 4 years and 75k miles I thought it was kind of fair.

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
I opted out as well. Signed the paperwork 3 weeks ago with the same firm @justlucky I talked to the lawyer directly. As I already bought the extended warranty my risk is losing the $3k. I went to my local dealership to discuss trade in and they gave me an offer that wasn't serious. full price for a dealer demo b/c they had to 'sell this ED'.
they offer me what the truck cost, plus, 2016 dodge ram big horn

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
How ever it turns out , I am ok with this law firm has 3 thousand eco clients, and from what the gal said they will not take anyone after April 1, I will gamble the 3 grand they are offering. I feel it's a good chance to get my purchase price back, plus a little extra. and what I will buy if and when it happens, I really do not know. I also have the seven year 120, 000-mile warranty. I was told today i could go to the dealer for service and to ask them not to flash me, but if they do it is no big deal, as. I opt out already. I bought four oil changes and used one. Next time I go in for an oil change. I also want the fuel filter changed. Everyone must decide what is best for themselves, I see people that are going to take the 3 grand and then go for a tune. I do not understand this. From what I thought it bypassed the dep filter. If the tune was the answer, then ram should be fixing my truck with a tune. I like the truck but not all the problems that is see going on for people.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I bought mine used with 113k on it I’m assuming the settlement will do hardly anything for me?

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
I can not give a answer, you need to read the settlement. or contact the attorney, , it will cost you nothing to make a phone call, and protect your self, do nothing and you will get nothing, every one is different.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I bought mine used with 113k on it I’m assuming the settlement will do hardly anything for me?
The settlement will give you an additional 4 years of an extensive emissions warranty regardless of your current mileage.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have been involved in a class action suit we got less than what was offered the attorney got all the money

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
the court may turn fmc down and require them to offer more a bird in the is?????????????

BRAD MILLER

Mar 22, 2017
Truck Year
SAME HERE,THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!!

Big Bob

Jan 25, 2018
Truck Year
I did opt out, went with Stern Law. The main reason I did is because I already purchased the extended factory warranty 8/100,000 ($3,600) so the extended warranty FCA is offering does me no good. I have 36K on my 2016. I also feel because of this my truck has devaluated more than the $3,075 FCA if offering let alone what I paid for the extended warranty. I have to admit I do love the truck, however I wish it had the Cummins. Might have to upgrade, have had many Cummins before and they are outstanding!

Last edited:

Katoom27

Apr 8, 2019
Truck Year
I called Stern today and was told the last day I could opt into their lawsuit is tomorrow am. They emailed me the opt out paperwork for the current lawsuit offer that is out there for the 3k plus the 48 month limited warranty. They told me they had around 2k opt in. I’m just on the fence with what to do. Sounds like the lawsuit is on an individual basis, which can vary from a lifetime warranty to purchase price of truck. Wish I had more time to decide as I just found this thread today. Wish I had more info as to how these lawsuits work.