• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Overboost code after glow plug replacement

jessie

Apr 30, 2020
Truck Year
Hoping I can get some help, I'm at a total loss. I just bought a 2016 ram 1500 ecodiesel, has 60,000 on it, got it 3 weeks ago. Ended up car lot I bought it from were a bunch of scumbags. When I bought it they said there was a glow plug issue, but it was just a sensor issue, part of recall (would be free to fix) which was a lie. Ended up the glow plug melted and welded itself in the cylinder head, they had to take the intake out to fix it. I had all the glow plugs replaced, they also put a new fuel rail in. Picked my truck up last night from the shop by the time I got home the check engine light went off and the service electronic throttle control came on. Truck went in limp mode basically. Unfortunately I don't know shit about trucks, I'm a nurse. Hope I can get some guidance here, they are saying its a turbo problem which would cost a ton of money. I have no idea how much the dealership will help me as I don't think its covered under warranty anymore.

Last edited:

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Sounds like they didn’t plug something up back. Do you have code number?

jessie

Apr 30, 2020
Truck Year
Yeah it's p0234-00. They cleared it but after driving for about 5 minutes the service throttle started flashing and went back into limp mode. Also it said the fuel exhaust was at full capacity

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I’d check your map sensor on the intake by the egr diffuser tube. Also your egr could have shit the bed

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
10-4 hopefully it gets you in the right direction, if it was fine before and now it’s a problem it’s something simple

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
if exh code is set it will take the dealer to do a forced regen 2 fix it