• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Overheating and coolant level changes

Dragon

Nov 1, 2019
Truck Year
2015 Ed... Engine too hot warning popped up on my dash and I pulled over and it immediately cooled with engine running with just the fan blowing at highway speeds it overheats quickly but running at 40 to 60 mph it stays around the 230 temp range any faster and it immediately climbs I stoped to get coolant but when I cracked the cap on the overflow to slowly releas pressure it bubbled and level came up to the full line and then slowly seeped down back to the radiator just trying to find a diagnosis

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Sounds to me like water pump isn’t doing it’s job full time. You said you replaced the alternator in your other post, did you ensure your belt is routed correctly and your tensioner is keeping tension?

Dragon

Nov 1, 2019
Truck Year
I
Sounds to me like water pump isn’t doing it’s job full time. You said you replaced the alternator in your other post, did you ensure your belt is routed correctly and your tensioner is keeping tension?
don’t believe that is the problem it has been a while since I changed the alternator and haven’t had trouble with the coolant until now