• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Overheating issue? Please help!!

Tluna

Mar 15, 2019
Truck Year
I was on my way to work an 11 hr drive when I got close it started to get cold outside so I turned on my heater and it was not blowing heat I noticed when I stoped at the gas station I hear what sounds like a loud fan noise from under the hood checked it out and the fan was turning not sure where the nose was coming from so when I get to work I turn off my truck and turn it back on and the heat starts to work well two days later I go to town and the fan noise starts again the way to and from town then the next day I went to town again and the truck started to overheat it ran about 235 to 245 coolant temp wouldn’t come down there is no obvious coolant leak but when I checked it was 1/2 gallon low of coolant I haven’t got the chance to run it once I added coolant I’ll try it this afternoon and update y’all but what do y’all think?

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
I just had the same issue. Chances are you're low on coolant due to a crack in the EGR Cooler and your coolant is going out your exhaust. This is nearly a $3000 item but IS covered under the EcoDiesel emissions settlement with Fiat Chrysler. (It expands the warranty to cover all things EGR related.) But it mirrors my experience; no heat and overheating.

Tluna

Mar 15, 2019
Truck Year
I just had the same issue. Chances are you're low on coolant due to a crack in the EGR Cooler and your coolant is going out your exhaust. This is nearly a $3000 item but IS covered under the EcoDiesel emissions settlement with Fiat Chrysler. (It expands the warranty to cover all things EGR related.) But it mirrors my experience; no heat and overheating.
Thanks man I’ll talk to the dealer

Tluna

Mar 15, 2019
Truck Year
Do you know if the dealer will make you pay the cost for repair upfront and then I would have to get reimbursed from someone else

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
They will make you pay up front and file for reimbursement after the order is finalized and you update your software. But you can call FCA and ask them to open a case. Maybe they will help you out.

digitalbill

Dec 17, 2018
Truck Year
On mine, there is a coolant pipe that runs under the intake manifold and cools both the the oil cooler and the turbo. Mine sprang a leak. The book calls for 15 hours. The dealer rushed the job and broke an oil line. Now it is an additional 20 hours.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
On mine, there is a coolant pipe that runs under the intake manifold and cools both the the oil cooler and the turbo. Mine sprang a leak. The book calls for 15 hours. The dealer rushed the job and broke an oil line. Now it is an additional 20 hours.
at their expense I hope

Hausser

Dec 2, 2019
Truck Year
I know it's 7 months later .. but, mines making this noise and is also low on coolant. It's in the shop now.

Hausser

Dec 2, 2019
Truck Year
Yes sir. They're still stating it's a fuel filter cover issue. No change from yesterday..

Hausser

Dec 2, 2019
Truck Year
They're replacing the fuel filter cover and related sensor. They also advised FCA is coming out with an EGR Cooler recall in near future. Of course it can't be replaced now, while in the shop. That would mean they'd miss out on another $100 deductible out of my pocket....

Ak2lv

Dec 13, 2019
Truck Year
I was on my way to work an 11 hr drive when I got close it started to get cold outside so I turned on my heater and it was not blowing heat I noticed when I stoped at the gas station I hear what sounds like a loud fan noise from under the hood checked it out and the fan was turning not sure where the nose was coming from so when I get to work I turn off my truck and turn it back on and the heat starts to work well two days later I go to town and the fan noise starts again the way to and from town then the next day I went to town again and the truck started to overheat it ran about 235 to 245 coolant temp wouldn’t come down there is no obvious coolant leak but when I checked it was 1/2 gallon low of coolant I haven’t got the chance to run it once I added coolant I’ll try it this afternoon and update y’all but what do y’all think?
I had same issue. Had erg cooler leaking.

Ak2lv

Dec 13, 2019
Truck Year
Recall on it. Replaced cooler and pretty much every seal and gasket in engine

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
if they have egr coolers they r the only ones from what I understand world wide backorder also the seals for the cooler

Ak2lv

Dec 13, 2019
Truck Year
Recall notice shows incomplete. I assume wh n new ones in will have to take back in.

Jflowers090

Apr 9, 2020
Truck Year
Just had the same issue heater stopped working 30 minutes later truck overheated. Anyone go the lemon law route? I got a 2018 ecodiesel and it has only 22k miles. First issue.