• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Own two ecodiesels one caught fire last Saturday, FCA is no help

Mneese

Apr 9, 2020
Truck Year
Own two ecodiesels because I thought I liked them but now not so sure. My 2016 with 85k miles caught fire after a 16 mile drive to get some fresh non-virus air. Truck shuttered, all the warning lights came on and I pulled over immediately and shut truck off. Extinguisher did not put out fire and truck is toast. My other truck is quietly awaiting parts for VB1 recall. FCA is no help, the dealership is claiming contact FCA. Insurance is good and they will take care of me. Has anybody started lawsuit for fires that I can join? Looks like back to Chevy’s for me!

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
Did the 2016 have the AEM software update. FCA won’t help you with the engine fire, the insurance will take care of it. The current recall for the EGR cooler is trying to prevent engine fires.

UKDodgy Dave

Apr 5, 2020
Truck Year
Own two ecodiesels because I thought I liked them but now not so sure. My 2016 with 85k miles caught fire after a 16 mile drive to get some fresh non-virus air. Truck shuttered, all the warning lights came on and I pulled over immediately and shut truck off. Extinguisher did not put out fire and truck is toast. My other truck is quietly awaiting parts for VB1 recall. FCA is no help, the dealership is claiming contact FCA. Insurance is good and they will take care of me. Has anybody started lawsuit for fires that I can join? Looks like back to Chevy’s for me!
Any photos of the truck burnt out, just to see the extent of damage