• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P0 183 fuel temp sensor error

Royrogers2022

Dec 18, 2021
Truck Year
2015 ram 1500 3.0 L eco-diesel

I am getting a P0183 fuel temp sensor code. Truck does not want to drive like it should. Hard to get up to speed almost like it’s in limp mode. When climbing hills the truck slows down. Cooling fan revs up high. Anyone have this issue before?
Also when using the fixd app to analyze engine codes, on the dash I am getting a message that pops up service shifter.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Maybe this will help?

Royrogers2022

Dec 18, 2021
Truck Year
Maybe this will help?

Yeah I saw that article doesn’t really help me. Something I’m noticing is when the cooling fan Kicks into high gear my truck is reduced in speed and can’t get it to shift out of second gear for a few minutes then it starts sifting through gears again

Mmillwood

May 23, 2022
Truck Year
Yeah I saw that article doesn’t really help me. Something I’m noticing is when the cooling fan Kicks into high gear my truck is reduced in speed and can’t get it to shift out of second gear for a few minutes then it starts sifting through gears again
Have you resolved this? My truck is doing the same and need some help

CheeseHead92

Jan 26, 2023
Truck Year

I am getting a P0183 fuel temp sensor code. Truck does not want to drive like it should. Hard to get up to speed almost like it’s in limp mode. When climbing hills the truck slows down. Cooling fan revs up high. Anyone have this issue before?
Also when using the fixd app to analyze engine codes, on the dash I am getting a message that pops up service shifter.
Any luck on diagnosing this? I feel like you drove my truck explaining what you are going through. I have the same exact thing going on.

I took it to the Dealership and they said it was the fuel temperature sensor. They are trying to charge $800 for the repair. I saw a video of the repair on YouTube and am considering doing the repair myself.

zach.millwood

May 3, 2022
Truck Year
Any luck on diagnosing this? I feel like you drove my truck explaining what you are going through. I have the same exact thing going on.

I took it to the Dealership and they said it was the fuel temperature sensor. They are trying to charge $800 for the repair. I saw a video of the repair on YouTube and am considering doing the repair myself.
can you send a link for the youtube video? cant seem to find anything on fuel temp sensors

ramtruck01

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year

I had the exact same issue on my 2014 ecodiesel. It ended up being a bad connection on the harness running along the frame rail. I ended up jumpering the wires around the connector. One wire ohmed out from the fuel filter jumper to the ecm but the other didn't. The signal for the fuel temp starts at the fuel filter connector on the brown and green wires and goes to terminals 65 and 87 on the ecm top connection.

Gingersnaps

May 9, 2020
Truck Year
As of dealt with this code before unfortunately you're pretty much chasing a wiring gremlin if your truck happens to be deleted you can program it out as it doesn't need fuel temp sensor to run properly with all the emissions taken off of it.

SeanBaker

Jan 13, 2024
Truck Year
I had the exact same issue on my 2014 ecodiesel. It ended up being a bad connection on the harness running along the frame rail. I ended up jumpering the wires around the connector. One wire ohmed out from the fuel filter jumper to the ecm but the other didn't. The signal for the fuel temp starts at the fuel filter connector on the brown and green wires and goes to terminals 65 and 87 on the ecm top connection.
I'm having this exact issue I am going to try to diagnose it today any suggestions?

kardkutter88

Jan 31, 2024
Truck Year
I am also getting the P0183 error. Will replacing the fuel filter canister fix this error? Is the fuel temp sensor in this assembly: 68394482AA?

I have 183,000 miles and this is the first issue(CEL) I have had on this truck.