• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P0171

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
I'm back....... Got another code yesterday wihile pulling my Polaris ranger, p0171 bank 1 too lean. Anyone had this one?
Reset it and it came back this morning while still pulling the ranger. Fuel mileage has been awful in the 11-17 range just chalked it up to pulling the ranger. I've also only been making short trips for the last few days I'd say about 10 miles or so while pulling the ranger, also been raining for the last two days with a drop in temperatures not a lot but a drop. Also since for some unknown reason my truck NEVER tells me if it's going to go or is in a regen I pulled up on my scan tool that the dpf was at 100% don't know how long it's been that way and from what I have learned about these trucks short tripping them won't get the cat temp high enough to start a regen or it won't let it complete it. I don't know if that would have anything to do with it or not just thinking that maybe the o2 sensor may have some carbon build up from the short trips and either a incomplete regen or never starting one. Since I'm at 2000 miles over my 36000 warranty and the local dealer where I bought it has no certified tech even after a year plus the fact I'm laid off due to low oil prices any suggestions would be appreciated.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yeah nutt, this code is my demon code. It is the only one i can count on being there for me about every 10,000 miles. it is clogged sensor, what i do is go down to napa, and buy the big bottle of grey powerservice, 1/2 gallon, go to the gas station and add the entire bottle, then top the tank off. run the tank down 1/2 and then reset the code. it will be gone for 10-30k. none of the dealer updates has done anything about it. you must use double the concentration of what ever cleaner your using and you must use a cetane booster to increase the heat in your cylinders.

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks moparecodiesel, I'll try that I just filled the tank up yesterday at a station I never use don't know if their fuel is lower grade than where I usually get but I wasn't walking. I have never used any additives in the fuel but may have to start. I haven't been over 10,000 miles without a code or codes on this truck. My brother who is a mechanic for a ford dealer ship said they had a powerjoke hauled in on a wrecker with this code once and it ended up being a horsefly on the MAF sensor. Thinking back I did hit a bird in the air inflow side yesterday so when the rain breaks I'm going to go look for feathers in the air intake.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yeah I thought it was my mass air too. I've cleaned mine out a couple of times to no avail. You could try that and it may work for you. But every oil change dump some good powerful cetanecleaner in the tank.