• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P0191 Error code Extended Crank Time

boogie606

Jun 21, 2016
Truck Year
I have a 2016 Ram with an eco diesel. Approximately one month ago, I attempted to start the truck and it took close to 45 seconds before it finally started. The check engine light came on and stayed on. Drove to Auto Zone and plugged in their reader and it came back with P0191, Fuel Rail pressure sensor etc. This continued for a few days and took it to my mechanic who has always been excellent. He told me it was a three step process and he would only do 1 at a time to see if the situation is resolved. First, the fuel filter was changed, didn't work. Secondly, the fuel rail pressure sensor was replaced, same problem. Thirdly, the high pressure fuel pump was replaced with no improvement. From the start the issue was sporadic as was the check engine light. It would be fine for a few days and then boom, it would start again. I also have to add, that once it started, I would have no more issues that day. It would always be a day or more later that it would reappear. Does anyone have any ideas or a similar problem that they were able to track down and repair?

Dougeco

Nov 7, 2020
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hmmm.... is it now sporadic or all the time? Does it happen all in all kinds of weather? How cold is it where you are?

boogie606

Jun 21, 2016
Truck Year
It is sporadic all the time. I live in Michigan. It gets into the low 20's at night.