• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P026C again

Bristles

Nov 24, 2022
Truck Year
2018 Ram 1500. I have owned this truck about 8 months till the check engine light came on. Took it to the dealer and they found code P026C. I had it repaired at said dealer for $800.00 out of pocket. They replaced a sensor, replaced a fuel filter that was only 2 weeks old and a few other things I can't remember right now. Any ways it's one week later and the light is back on with the same code. Does anyone have a fix for this problem? I have read some posts but cannot find an answer. I really don't want to shell out another $800.00 on a wild guess.

Rscott

Sep 12, 2022
Truck Year
2018 Ram 1500. I have owned this truck about 8 months till the check engine light came on. Took it to the dealer and they found code P026C. I had it repaired at said dealer for $800.00 out of pocket. They replaced a sensor, replaced a fuel filter that was only 2 weeks old and a few other things I can't remember right now. Any ways it's one week later and the light is back on with the same code. Does anyone have a fix for this problem? I have read some posts but cannot find an answer. I really don't want to shell out another $800.00 on a wild guess.
I own a 2016 1500 ecodiesel- I have the same code showing, this is due to the federal recall on 130,000 Ram and Jeeps with the ecodiesel engines, high-pressure fuel pump failure. The pumps are self-destructioning and restricting fuel lines and injectors with metal fragments. There are no replacement HP pumps yet, they say maybe next year! Look for recall notice.

Bristles

Nov 24, 2022
Truck Year
I own a 2016 1500 ecodiesel- I have the same code showing, this is due to the federal recall on 130,000 Ram and Jeeps with the ecodiesel engines, high-pressure fuel pump failure. The pumps are self-destructioning and restricting fuel lines and injectors with metal fragments. There are no replacement HP pumps yet, they say maybe next year! Look for recall notice.
Thanks ever so much. It makes sense from what info I have so far.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Well you are on the right path. the DTC P026C is stated as Fuel Injector quantity lower than expected. Basically not enough diesel fuel flowing through the injector. Yes this can be related to the HPFP not supplying sufficient pressure, which could also set a Low Fuel Rail Pressure code. A quick fix would be replacement of the fuel filter, which appears did not fix the issue. My truck is loosing the fuel pump assembly, in the tank, which supplies the HPFP and it has set that code as well. There is a flow test for the fuel pump to determine if it may be the issue.
There is a recall for the HPFP, we got ours a month ago, and there is not sufficient inventory to replace all the recalled units. Our local dealer has informed us that if you truck is down it becomes a priority and will be repaired within a two week period, (may be a situation with our dealer only) otherwise expect parts in the 2nd quarter of next year.

Good luck.

dg4466

Dec 19, 2023
Truck Year
Wish it was HPFP recall that fixed it, it didn’t fix mine. 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie, 99,000 miles. Fault last triggered the day I picked truck up from HPFP recall. Been getting code for 6 months and it would reset (about 50 to 100 miles) before getting to dealer, they stated, “no code, no problem”. Photographed code with phone for proof on personal ob2 diagnostic tool. Trying to not drive it so code is there at dealer appt Thursday. Wondering if old HPFP caused injector issue? Or could it be lift pump in tank? Will post updates

Attachments

• IMG_2772.jpeg
    IMG_2772.jpeg
    321.7 KB · Views: 2

dg4466

Dec 19, 2023
Truck Year
Wish it was HPFP recall that fixed it, it didn’t fix mine. 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie, 99,000 miles. Fault last triggered the day I picked truck up from HPFP recall. Been getting code for 6 months and it would reset (about 50 to 100 miles) before getting to dealer, they stated, “no code, no problem”. Photographed code with phone for proof on personal ob2 diagnostic tool. Trying to not drive it so code is there at dealer appt Thursday. Wondering if old HPFP caused injector issue? Or could it be lift pump in tank? Will post updates

Just went to dealer about p026c, after having hpfp recall done. I had opened a ticket with FCA as my mileage is close to warranty expiration and I wanted this issue covered under warranty, which they assured it would. I asked service manager, if debris was found when replacing HPFP, and they said, “yes”. I expressed concern for injectors due to hpfp and waited for diagnosis. The service manager told me it needs new injectors and rail, which they said would be covered under warranty. Awaiting appt after parts come in. Will continue to post updates until issue resolved.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
I have not had the HPFP replacement, we are still being told indefinite backorder, and I have received this code several times. My lift pump was loosing its flow rate, wearing out, once replaced I have not had that code repeated. Since you have had the HPFP replaced the fuel injectors and fuel rails are all covered in the recall parts list, but not a test of flow volume of the lift pump. Test the lift pump. If the lift pump does not flow sufficient fuel then it does not matter how efficient your HPFP is it will not lift enough fuel to fulfill the pressure requirements. As a side note I have been replacing the fuel filter at each oil change for a couple of years now, due to clogging of the filter.

TimG1

Mar 16, 2022
Truck Year
Anyone have an update on this code P026C?
I have a 2018 Ram EcoDiesel with 130k miles on it and I received my truck from the dealer three days ago and they did the fuel injection cleaning process code went away for about 200 miles ( two days I do a lot of driving) and then came back on this morning. I don't want the dealership to keep messing with the truck if there is a solution to this problem.