• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P026D code

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
P026D
I never had this code until I installed a GDE tune. I have had it numerous times since and especially when towing. Spoke to the guy a few times at GDE, think it was Keith but I am not positive. Well they or he, keeps saying I have a vacuum leak. If it were a vacuum leak it would pop the CEL every time I drove it. I even put a smoke machine in the lines to confirm I did not have a leak. It is something to do with the tune and GDE does not know how to fix it so they just pass the blame. Typical no service after the sale company. If anyone fines any additional information or answers please post for all to see.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Very odd that you would have customer service issues with GDE. They are well known for their products and customer service. Following this thread and hopefully you get an easy resolution.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Very odd that you would have customer service issues with GDE. They are well known for their products and customer service. Following this thread and hopefully you get an easy resolution.
Brother I was surprised to. I like the tune and it's options. Other than the code, I like the improvements.

Gnurps

Nov 30, 2021
Truck Year
I got that same code on my 2020 EcoDiesel with GDE tune. Did a bunch of web searching and found confusing information, if you can call it that. Was getting ready to call Keith at GDE and then the code just went away, and its has not come back for months. I actually had two codes, P026D and P020B.

With the codes gone, should I consider the problem solved?

If it were a vacuum leak it would pop the CEL every time I drove it.
What is the CEL?

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
I got that same code on my 2020 EcoDiesel with GDE tune. Did a bunch of web searching and found confusing information, if you can call it that. Was getting ready to call Keith at GDE and then the code just went away, and its has not come back for months. I actually had two codes, P026D and P020B.

With the codes gone, should I consider the problem solved?

What is the CEL?
CEL is Check Engine Light. Yes, the light does go back off when a few more drive cycles have passed. But it is a never ending cycle of off and on with the same code. I would not call it resolved, but with the cel going back off the ECU does not detect any further problems until it comes back on.

Last edited:

hankinpageaz

Sep 8, 2022
Truck Year
I've had that same code too on my 2020 Ecodiesel. I installed a Pedal Commander when it happened. Since then I have removed the Pedal Commander, erased the code and the code hasn't come back yet. It's been a 1/2 year and about 25,000 miles ago.
I am assuming that the GDE tune has something to do with the acceleration of your truck. Also assuming that the code will keep coming back until the tune is removed or reprogram somehow.