• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P0336 code fail safe

Fixinater

May 13, 2019
Truck Year
Recently headed down to the lake for a week of camping and fishing. I tow a 5000 lb camper. I just started down the mountain when the check engine light came on and a odd light. Looked like a bolt of lighting with () around it, never saw that before. Truck lost power by 1/2 but continued to run ok, just gutless. Looking in the owners manual it showed code was for throttle. It even described a simple test. Shut down the engine and restart. Didn't help lights still on. With the power loss and the fish calling we pushed on. Even the smallest hill was a challenge, no throttle power had to wait for the trans to downshift. We made the 126 miles to the lake. No way would the truck pull the trailer back up the mountain. Monday morning off to the local dealership, located in Augusta Ga. The truck sat there most of the week with not much hope of getting it fixed. Be ready tomorrow, then tomorrow, finally after having several discussions with the service writer he said it would be ready on Saturday. We had to extend our camp ground stay. They replaced the flywheel and sensor. That job would suck for the tech. I recently took the truck in for a recall. Without the recall being done we would have been dead in the water. A friend recently had the same problem and without the recall he was stuck going up a steep bridge. The recall reprogrammed the ecm to go into fail safe, hence the reason we had a loss of power. Good news it was all covered by warranty. Get the recall done at least you might get back home. Fishing was excellent!

Redrum

Aug 6, 2021
Truck Year
Recently headed down to the lake for a week of camping and fishing. I tow a 5000 lb camper. I just started down the mountain when the check engine light came on and a odd light. Looked like a bolt of lighting with () around it, never saw that before. Truck lost power by 1/2 but continued to run ok, just gutless. Looking in the owners manual it showed code was for throttle. It even described a simple test. Shut down the engine and restart. Didn't help lights still on. With the power loss and the fish calling we pushed on. Even the smallest hill was a challenge, no throttle power had to wait for the trans to downshift. We made the 126 miles to the lake. No way would the truck pull the trailer back up the mountain. Monday morning off to the local dealership, located in Augusta Ga. The truck sat there most of the week with not much hope of getting it fixed. Be ready tomorrow, then tomorrow, finally after having several discussions with the service writer he said it would be ready on Saturday. We had to extend our camp ground stay. They replaced the flywheel and sensor. That job would suck for the tech. I recently took the truck in for a recall. Without the recall being done we would have been dead in the water. A friend recently had the same problem and without the recall he was stuck going up a steep bridge. The recall reprogrammed the ecm to go into fail safe, hence the reason we had a loss of power. Good news it was all covered by warranty. Get the recall done at least you might get back home. Fishing was excellent!
I had the same exact problem with my truck, the lightning bolt on your dash could mean that there is an issue with your intake manifold, it's usually just carbon build up. If that is your issue, your nearest dealer can fix the issue by forcing a regen cycle on your truck and clearing the codes. The worst case scenario would be if your truck has the problem that mine had when I got the lightning bolt, my truck had a delaminating tone ring, and that is a big job because the tone ring sits in between the engine and the transmission. My local dealer ended up charging me $1,700 USD to fix it, because the transmission had to come out to replace the tone ring.

Fixinater

May 13, 2019
Truck Year
I had the same exact problem with my truck, the lightning bolt on your dash could mean that there is an issue with your intake manifold, it's usually just carbon build up. If that is your issue, your nearest dealer can fix the issue by forcing a regen cycle on your truck and clearing the codes. The worst case scenario would be if your truck has the problem that mine had when I got the lightning bolt, my truck had a delaminating tone ring, and that is a big job because the tone ring sits in between the engine and the transmission. My local dealer ended up charging me $1,700 USD to fix it, because the transmission had to come out to replace the tone ring.
That's exactly what they ended replacing on my truck but 100% under recall warranty. Might give them a call you should get reimbursed.