• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P04DE cold start 'A' flow excessive detected.

wales534

Oct 7, 2019
Truck Year
Hi guys, I just joined the group. To be honest, I've been getting pretty frustrated trying to get to the bottom of sorting out this error code. Everything I pull up, including several forums, seems to contradict each other! Personal preferences on how to clean the ECR, or don't clean the ECR, or take it to the dealer and prepare to get financially raped!

Here's the issue......I put my foot down a few weeks ago to avoid a lunatic who decided to accelerate at me when I pulled out in front of him (about 75 meters away)! Anyway, I put some distance between us and later pulled up at a light, when it changed I attempted to pull away and...nothing. The truck crawled forward like a snail then picked up a little. Ever since it's it has accelerated badly now and then. This morning I started the truck to head out and no throttle at all. Running rough and no power at all. Put the diagnostic on it and code P04DE. I can't find much about it. Any idea?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group if u mean EGR there is a tube with a white sock covering on it take it off and clean the soot off it 2 bolts and 2 nuts hold it on and also clean the sensor u may also have a bad egr valve what year truck do u have that code is more common listed to jeep

wales534

Oct 7, 2019
Truck Year
welcome 2 the group if u mean EGR there is a tube with a white sock covering on it take it off and clean the soot off it 2 bolts and 2 nuts hold it on and also clean the sensor u may also have a bad egr valve what year truck do u have that code is more common listed to jeep

Yes sorry EGR. It’s a 2015

wales534

Oct 7, 2019
Truck Year
did u get the upgrade from aem if so it should b warrantee
ill check with my dealer. I bought it new and they said they done everything as It’s been taken in. I’m playing catch up a little, I’ve been out of commission for a couple of years or so. Thanks for the help mate!