• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P04GV Code after new engine

julian locatelli

Apr 5, 2020
Truck Year
Hello everyone, So I brought my vehicle to the dealer due to an angel light and a P04GV code. As I mentioned in a previous post they condemned the BCM then the engine. As a result I got a brand new engine complete blocSo I brought my vehicle to the dealer due to an angel light and a P04GV code. As I mentioned in a previous post they condemned the pCM then the engine. As a result I got a brand new Complete engine new computer and a new battery under warranty at 84,000. At the time of a pick up for Dealer stated that they needed the car a little longer because the P04GV code came back.At the time of a pick up for Dealer stated that they needed the car a little longer because the P04GV code came back, they clear the code , I put 1000 miles On it and now I’m getting the code again with the engine light on. So basically the code never went away. Has anyone experienced this code?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I am so sorry P04DB air system restriction code. yesterday I disconnected the Aev snorkel and put it back to stock and had the dealer clear the codes.
I had the p04DB issue on mine after putting on larger tires. Tuned the transmission and engine and got the code still, after a few trial and errors I reset the clutch values in the transmission and I have not had the code since. In my case it was shifting into second way too soon and it caused the motor to kinda slug, expecially when I pulled my trailer. That’s actually how I got the code the first time was pulling trailer down the driveway with a shit ton of wood on it. Try getting them to reset your clutch values and see if it helps! I plan to change filter and fluids in my tran whenever I get around to it 🤣