• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P085 code

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
P0850 park/neutral switch Any one out there had this one? Pulled into the driveway went to put it in park and I get a service transmission message then the CEL and the thing won't go into park. Have to leave the key in acc. mode for about 10 minutes just to take it out. Should have know after the warranty went something would happen only have 37600 on this truck. This truck is no stranger to the service dept. but it has always been emission codes seems I chased those away now this. Plus the crappy dealer that I bought it from even after more than a year still has no one to work on it. Makes a man mad when his truck tears up, infuriates him off when he has to take it to another dealer 2 hours away makes him stupid mad when it's just out of warranty!!!

CaptainMal

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year
For me the answer is, "No". I and somewhat in the same situation as my mileage is close to yours and I have had some strange issues with that darn shift know. Sometimes It tells me I should be turning or not turning the thing. Then when I do it tells me not to do that. Then all is fine.

During my tribulations with the shifter know, including turning it to reverse while moving forward at 40 mph, I have never had a thrown code. Just get a scolding on the EVIC.

I would see if there is an independent garage around that might tackle the issue. I know that issue is on my mind and I have two places that I will soon ask if they will work on this computer truck.

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
Well, I crawled under the thing and I had been in a lot of mud today, not stuck just in mud. Truck wasn't dirty but when I left the muddy area it did sling mud down the road for a few miles. It was a rock about the size of a pin head in the boot of the actuator at the transmission it was stoping the solenoid from moving it all the way into park. Everything works fine now reset codes ,key comes out likes its suppose to and goes into park. Also just an FYI I did discover away to get the key out without it going into park put it into run then slowly turn it to acc then at a point in between run and acc the radio will turn off and the message screen will also then wait about 5 minutes and it turned to the off position and I was able to remove it. May not work on everyone's but it worked for me. Super glad as I've been laid off from the oil field for 3 months.

AzRamDiesel

Jan 2, 2014
Well, I crawled under the thing and I had been in a lot of mud today, not stuck just in mud. Truck wasn't dirty but when I left the muddy area it did sling mud down the road for a few miles. It was a rock about the size of a pin head in the boot of the actuator at the transmission it was stoping the solenoid from moving it all the way into park. Everything works fine now reset codes ,key comes out likes its suppose to and goes into park. Also just an FYI I did discover away to get the key out without it going into park put it into run then slowly turn it to acc then at a point in between run and acc the radio will turn off and the message screen will also then wait about 5 minutes and it turned to the off position and I was able to remove it. May not work on everyone's but it worked for me. Super glad as I've been laid off from the oil field for 3 months.

Sounds like you fixed it?
Glad it's nothing to serious. I guess this post should tell us not to go mudding.. :D

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
After looking at all the wiring harnesses underneath this computer on wheels just driving it in a rain may be reason for concern