• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P1 296 No 5 Volts to MAP sensor..

Billyroy

Feb 4, 2022
Truck Year
This is a permmenet code so only way I know to erase this is by fixing the problem. Not sure if a good cleaning of MAP sensor will fix this. I can't find any info on this code anywhere. Please help. FYI..... 2017 ram Ecodisel. 97000 klms. EGR box was replaced under recall about 30000klms ago. I do sit and idle alot. I'm a security guard on different locations every week 12 hr shifts and idle alot. Re gens every morning when I'm driving first thing alot of smoke for a few miles. Runs fine. Any info would be great.

Jan 31, 2022
Truck Year
T 40 torx takes it out. Location is on top of the manifold. Can be cleaned but if you plan to keep the truck definitely look into an EGR delete. These engines don't like to sit and idle. Going through that myself. 3/8 inch thick soot in the entire intake manifold.