• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P2002 Code

RMBin303

Mar 15, 2019
Truck Year
New guy here. I bought a 2014 GC EcoDiesel (sorry, didn't need a 1500 RAM when I already have a 3500 CTD :) ), drove it home from the dealer (not a FCA dealer), and get a check engine light. P2002 code.

Took it back to the dealer, and they reset the light, told me to drive at highway speeds for 30 miles, and should be good-to-go. Drove for more than 30 minutes, and the CEL came back on.

Selling dealer had me set an appointment with a Jeep dealer for repair (that they are footing bill for if it isn't covered by warranty). But that appointment is 10 days out.

Seller told me that I am fine driving Jeep until the appointment. Looking online, it seems there is conflicting info on that. Some things I read support that it is fine to drive. Other things I have read state that it could cause oil dilution and eventually make the Jeep go into "limp mode".

What is the collective wisdom here on this?

TIA

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! It could very well stop up the DPF if the system isn't regening correctly.. it's a gamble really. But if the dealer is covering the issue perhaps just ride it out. I wouldn't take a road trip though.. :)