• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Park Assist Service Sensors

kozy

Dec 22, 2021
Truck Year
Hi folks - I had the infamous “service park assist sensors” message pop up on the dash. I replaced all four rear sensors and no resolve. I checked the rear harness plug and it is dry. Problems all started after we received snow this winter. Any thoughts on what to tackle next?

autoX

Nov 6, 2022
Truck Year
I have the same issue - all four sensors show a problem in my new AlfaOBD setup!
Sensors have 3 wires:
+8.6Volts power
-ve or Ground from the module
And Signal back to the module

EDIT Module is under driver kickpanel. I'm going to test at the sensors first for +ve

Tested 8.6V at sensor is OK
Ground seemed fine

Last edited:

autoX

Nov 6, 2022
Truck Year
I spent two hours fiddling with the rear circuit.
One new "ebay" sensor plugged in will create 3, sometimes 4 faults. 4 ebay sensors give 4 faults.
One bad Bosch sensor, with 4 Bosch installed, will trigger 1 or 2 faults. So it's hard to isolate but I did manage to narrow it down to one suspect.
Very strange behaviour from the main CPU and not at all consistent.
The Bosch sensors did give the most reliable results however. I have ordered 2x new from NAPA I know those work OK. We'll see if I can get it work this weekend.

autoX

Nov 6, 2022
Truck Year
Solved it. I have the rear circuit working back to normal. 3 of the 4 sensors were bad!
I had to use the FRONT circuit as a test bed, & check/verify the used sensors I pulled off the back bumper

With 2 NEW Bosch sensors from Lordco auto parts ($80 each). One good sensor from front, the Rear is OK.

Front circuit is down a sensor now, but have another two on order.

I was getting "Wipe sensors" errors with 2 of the rear/used. Not a full fault. One I was getting a hard fault.

Really difficult to track. The EBAY sensors threw the whole module into a tizzy and would cascade faults. ie
Confirmed my 4 x EBAY sensors are no good at all.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Good to hear! Unfortunately our vehicles are becoming smarter, and if it’s not “as good as factory” it won’t like it. I put led lights in my cargo light and continued to get messages for reverse lights out!

Multiplex49

Aug 19, 2022
Truck Year
Clean your back up, camera disconnect, quick disconnect, connectors and add dielectric grease to the connections.

autoX

Nov 6, 2022
Truck Year
I cleaned all connections with LPS electric cleaner. That's all good. I marked the sensors and confirmed faulty or near faulty, swapping them into the left front. Which is easy to do, just turn the wheel, bend back the inner fender and jack up a bit. Clip in one sensor and let the mayhem begin! So it was easy to confirm good/bad.

The sensors that cause the "Wipe sensor" message don't actually throw a code, so they are hard to trace. And even when say one sensor trips a code, it can affect an adjacent channel.

So these youtube videos of guys replacing all 4 rears - not a bad idea at all.