• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Parts availability

zzfan

Aug 29, 2021
Truck Year
Question : I have a 2015 Eco-Diesel. Love it! 189K. In the last 6 months 2 different mechanics have told me to trade the truck off because if there are any inner engine issues, they cannot get parts. One said that in the past he had to order a “ Rod” ….. can’t quit remember…. Waited 7 months to get one. My truck has a light on and a mechanic said I need an Intake Manifold Control Runner along with the actuator for them but he can’t find one.

Anyone else running into this issue?
Should I trade it in on a Hemi?

Thanks for any answers.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
We'll that's what I did, I take it your in CA? Your looking at 3K US Parts/Labor. If you do a search You will find once the emission CELs start it $1000s in eventual repairs.

zzfan

Aug 29, 2021
Truck Year
We'll that's what I did, I take it your in CA? Your looking at 3K US Parts/Labor. If you do a search You will find once the emission CELs start it $1000s in eventual repairs.
Thanks for your input.
I am in Texas. I was told getting this deleted will fix this problem. If I'm going to keep it I'll get it deleted but still concerned about future parts availability. Is the ride on the 1500 Hemi the same as this ED?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I have 4 Point leveling on My 2019 Limited and the 2015 Laramie loaded also had 4 point Leveling, the ride was the same, the Hemi is more fun to drive and the Avg MPG 17/20 70-80MPH 3.21, the ED was 20/22 3.92 same speeds, The MPG advantage the 3.0VM once had is gone in the New 2019+ Gas power.

Yes deleting will aid in the future for less parts cost.

Hapahaole

Aug 7, 2021
Truck Year
Welcome to the forum! I love my ED and feel like it would be worth fixing. It does things so much better than the Hemi did. I average 27 combo driving, closer to 30-32 on the highway and 16-18 towing my camper. With the Hemi I would be lucky to see double digits towing.... Looking to delete in the near future.