• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Payload capacity for air ride ecodiesel 1500

utdiesel

Mar 12, 2015
Truck Year
Anyone know? I see a lot of people asking why buy one when you can't tow anything????

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I don't think the air ride adds or takes away anything from the rating.

A lot of heavy duty trucks have air bags in the rear for leveling the truck with heavy loads/trailers.

Jasonwm

May 11, 2015
Truck Year
No difference with air ride (weight wise) but I find that it toes more comfortably.

TheB2B

Aug 2, 2015
Truck Year
I can't tell any difference and I'm pulling a 5,000 lb camper. One thing I have found to unhook the camper I raise the camper up couple inch's then lower the truck to pop it off the ball. My experience as I keep raising the camper the rear of the truck comes up with it, but I always unhook with the engine off, may be why it doesn't auto level?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I haul some heavy freight in my truck with the factory air suspension. But I balance it pretty well also. Use every inch of the truck available most times.

The air suspension limits unnecessary motions somewhere after 1000-1500# payload or so where it will not let you go into offroad 1 or 2.

But it will still go into Aero mode on the highway.

But I do get the dummy light on the dash for payload capacity but I've hit the scale when it's up and it's only when I exceed 10,000#

But my gross is about 6800 with two people and full tank of fuel. Door states payload capacity of 714# but again. I handle 3500# of payload. IN THE TRUCK. And once I break 10k I lose Aero mode but that's it. And well I really piss off my factory Goodyear SR-A's. But I'll be going to BF Goodrich 10 ply's when I get through these tires.

So the factory air suspension handles A LOT of weight.