• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pedal Commander cause high pressure pump to fail?

ECO2015

Aug 12, 2022
Truck Year
So, I installed the Pedal Commander to help get rid of throttle delay. Helped some, but a few weeks later the high pressure pump failed, computer pumped way too rich fuel for a little while, gunking everything up. 2015 with 150k miles.
Did PC cause or just accelerate pump failure? Coincidence?
How to get rid of delay?
Thanks

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
The Pedal Commander is not guilty. All it does is mimic or replace your foot pressure on the pedal.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The banks PC has 0 connection to CP4 failure. IMO ALL pedal foolers are a waste of $ ,all they do is change the % of the pedal position, all you need to do is get use to pushing the pedal further down to increase the % APPS for the same effect. Yes the Greater % of the APPS increases the range on load %, this will increase RP but CP4s on the VM 3.0 run near 100% volume to survive

rcupps

Jan 2, 2020
Truck Year
The banks PC has 0 connection to CP4 failure. IMO ALL pedal foolers are a waste of $ ,all they do is change the % of the pedal position, all you need to do is get use to pushing the pedal further down to increase the % APPS for the same effect. Yes the Greater % of the APPS increases the range on load %, this will increase RP but CP4s on the VM 3.0 run near 100% volume to survive
Made a world of difference on my ecodiesel had a 5 second lag before install. 2016 ecodiesel

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
rcupps, It adds 0 HP, only fools the APPS % example 30% with PC = 45%. If you had the ability to log you would fine 30% 1/8 mile PC = XX seconds W/O PC 45% = the same XX time , you will also fine the dead pedal at WOT= 85% were the OEM Tune go's above 100%. I upgrade my foot at No charge or drop the $$$ on added HP. rcupps My signature says it all, If your content with the Banks PC its $$$ well spent. I also like much of Banks products and, sell it on occasion. IMO the Derringers is a great product Ran the Bullet Version for 2.5 Years error free on My 2015 VM 3.0.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
So, I installed the Pedal Commander to help get rid of throttle delay. Helped some, but a few weeks later the high pressure pump failed, computer pumped way too rich fuel for a little while, gunking everything up. 2015 with 150k miles.
Did PC cause or just accelerate pump failure? Coincidence?
How to get rid of delay?
Thanks
As several persons have stated, the Pedal Commander is not the culprit here. The cp4.2 installed on the EcoD is known to fail under a couple of situations. Presently Stellantis has issued a recall for said HPFP, solution to revert to the more dependable cp3. The HPFP will be on the path to failure for quite sometime before it's ultimate demise causing a failure of the engine to run. This allows for the complete contamination of the fuel system possibly even the fuel tank. By the way I eliminated the turbo lag (throttle lag) by installing the GDE EPA Compliant program and actually gained HP and Torque and a couple of MPG, along with a cooler running engine.