• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Performance module

Bakdraft135

Dec 18, 2019
Truck Year
Has anyone added a performance module to their eco diesel? Like this:
Beneficial or waste of money?

alaskapilot

Oct 29, 2019
Truck Year
Has anyone added a performance module to their eco diesel? Like this:
Beneficial or waste of money?
Just installed this very tuner on my 2016 and I'm very happy with the results. Better throttle response and turbo spool, and about 3-5 mpg better in town. Haven't had the opportunity to try it on the highway yet, but will report back on that later. Installation was pretty easy, requires minimal mechanical skill.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Just installed this very tuner on my 2016 and I'm very happy with the results. Better throttle response and turbo spool, and about 3-5 mpg better in town. Haven't had the opportunity to try it on the highway yet, but will report back on that later. Installation was pretty easy, requires minimal mechanical skill.

3-5 MPG from a plug in module? I've been around diesels since the first 01 Duramax and never seen one of these work that well.. Did you hand calculate the mileage?

Bakdraft135

Dec 18, 2019
Truck Year
3-5 MPG from a plug in module? I've been around diesels since the first 01 Duramax and never seen one of these work that well.. Did you hand calculate the mileage?
They have a 45 day money back guarantee. I ordered one primarily for when I tow in the mountains, but I’ll post an update after I use it to see if I get better city mileage.

alaskapilot

Oct 29, 2019
Truck Year
Didn't hand calculate the mileage, I'll give that a try and let you know how that comes out. However, after I had the emissions recall done, I lost about 3-4 mpg and now with the module, it's right back up to pre-recall numbers plus a little.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
They have a 45 day money back guarantee. I ordered one primarily for when I tow in the mountains, but I’ll post an update after I use it to see if I get better city mileage.
I second the above...plug in modules have never offered “tune quality”. If you’re looking for a real performance gain, go with a quality tune.

StrokerAce

Apr 18, 2019
Truck Year
Not saying it does not work but their advertising says RAM Cummings Ecodiesel, This is not a Cummings engine.
Just does not sit right when i see mis-typed stuff like that.

ORDER ONLINE 24/7

1-800-450-5333

Click to Call or Text

2014-2018
Ram Cummins Ecodiesel 3.0
PRO Performance Module

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
Well, you may have a point, but I'm sure happy with what their tuner has done for my Eco

At the end of the day, that’s all that matters. Not to mention, you probably didn’t have to drain your savings for that module lol. I’m still recovering from the delete pains 🤕

alaskapilot

Oct 29, 2019
Truck Year
Any updates on this? Any new fuel mileage reports (Hand Calculated)
Nothing yet, we're in Alaska, so it's cold up here, and the Eco sits and idles a lot in the mornings while I'm warming it up, so I will probably have to wait for warmer weather to get a true reading. I'm still showing pretty good on the dashboard calculator, definitely better than before.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Nothing yet, we're in Alaska, so it's cold up here, and the Eco sits and idles a lot in the mornings while I'm warming it up, so I will probably have to wait for warmer weather to get a true reading. I'm still showing pretty good on the dashboard calculator, definitely better than before.

Cool, keep us updated!