• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

POOR MILAGE IN COLDER WEATHER SINCE REFLASH 17.2 MPG

gofishingup

Sep 2, 2019
Truck Year
After the re-flash this fall on my 2016 3.0 Bighorn I noticed an appreciable drop in MPG. It has gotten considerably worse since the the weather has gotten colder. I now have an average of 17.2 MPG. This is driving 75% on the highway and 25% in the city. I have not towed a single thing in the last 3 months. The previous two winters the drop in mpg in cold weather was not as much as the drop I have experienced now. The reason for buying the truck for me, the great gas milage, has gone out the window.

If anyone out there is considering purchasing one of these diesels, don't do it. You're in for headaches and you will not get anywhere near the advertised mpg. The class action suit will be coming for FCA.

I have no doubt that tuning the truck would take care of the issues, but for other reasons stated on this site, not the least of which is that you void your warranty, that's not an option for most owners.

What are others finding who operate in colder climates as far as mpg?fullsizeoutput_71ad.jpeg

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
figure a 3 to 5 mile drop in cold weather try cetane it may help