• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Poor mpg after recall

Vali13

Mar 16, 2020
Truck Year
I’ve just done the pcm recall and the mpg dropped from 20-22 mpg in town to 15.3-15.8 with no power what’s so ever. What is going on ?

Eljugador

Mar 15, 2020
That's how their "repair" works. Welcome to the club. Be very careful pulling into traffic when the engine is cold (or going up a steep hill). You might find a long period of time between when you hit the gas and you start to roll. fcaecodieselfraud.com/

StrokerAce

Apr 18, 2019
Truck Year
Vali13 i would do the tune if I were you. It will be like driving a new truck, even better then new.

Vali13

Mar 16, 2020
Truck Year
I already did the Green diesel Engineering tune whey truck had 343 miles on it. And been very happy with it. Now at 8000 miles went to the dealership for recall. I didn’t know they will change the pcm. And reflash my ecm. I taught was for the tailgate. my mpg dropped to 15-16 mpg from 20-22 and also it has no power. I contacted green diesel but they have been shut down by the EPA 4 months ago so they are no longer able to install anything there it goes $850. I’m very disappointed with this truck now. Every day I drive it I feel like running it thru the dodge dealership doors.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
This might be a stupid question, but will it void a warranty?
I’m fixing to find ways to boost my MOG. It’s sitting at 19.4 right now with a shitty acceleration.
It will only void your warranty if you leave it in when you take it for service! If you take it out, go for service and warranty work, put it back in afterward only you will know!:censored:;)

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
The new AEM software update will correct the turbo lag. All Ecodiesel owners with 2014-2016 are eligible for another additional 12,000 miles on the extended warranty as per the Ecodiesel Settlement.

2strokeECODiesel

May 5, 2020
Truck Year
The new AEM software update will correct the turbo lag. All Ecodiesel owners with 2014-2016 are eligible for another additional 12,000 miles on the extended warranty as per the Ecodiesel Settlement.
I have a 2018.
What years is that update for? Everything I could find said that was only for 14 and 15 Rams

Cj60

May 8, 2020
Truck Year
I only had the "dead throttle" issue with mine, and only rarely when it was cold... Had the recall work done Wednesday. I bought the truck a couple months ago from an old guy with only 55k on it. Does the settlement extend the warranty for me? I bought the truck to have a reliable and hopefully decent gas mileage while hauling my new boat around to various states this summer. I have read so many horror stories on this truck (2015 Tradesman), but I'm curious as to how many 2015 owners have a lot of miles on theirs with zero issues.. Fingers crossed as I am pretty disabled with a spinal injury and really fear being out somewhere far from home (and the VA) with a broken down truck. That's the reason I bought this one since my 2000 Ranger has 260,000 miles on it.

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
I only had the "dead throttle" issue with mine, and only rarely when it was cold... Had the recall work done Wednesday. I bought the truck a couple months ago from an old guy with only 55k on it. Does the settlement extend the warranty for me? I bought the truck to have a reliable and hopefully decent gas mileage while hauling my new boat around to various states this summer. I have read so many horror stories on this truck (2015 Tradesman), but I'm curious as to how many 2015 owners have a lot of miles on theirs with zero issues.. Fingers crossed as I am pretty disabled with a spinal injury and really fear being out somewhere far from home (and the VA) with a broken down truck. That's the reason I bought this one since my 2000 Ranger has 260,000 miles on it.
The 2014-2016 Ecodiesel models that had the AEM software update are eligible for up to $3,075 and an extended warranty. If you visit Ecodieselsettlement you will learn about the parts covered under the class action lawsuit.

Cj60

May 8, 2020
Truck Year
I need to call FCA, I went to their site and put in my VIN, it said it had already been registered. I am wondering if the previous owner filed, took the payout, and dumped the Truck.... Might be why he accepted my lo-ball offer? Or, maybe when I got the Recall work done, it was "registered" at that time? Doubt it, but rather than wait and see if I get a check in the mail, should just call them and ask where is my check... If I just say I recently bought the truck, and "did the previous owner get paid", and then they simply say "Yes" even if not the case.... What a headache.

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
I need to call FCA, I went to their site and put in my VIN, it said it had already been registered. I am wondering if the previous owner filed, took the payout, and dumped the Truck.... Might be why he accepted my lo-ball offer? Or, maybe when I got the Recall work done, it was "registered" at that time? Doubt it, but rather than wait and see if I get a check in the mail, should just call them and ask where is my check... If I just say I recently bought the truck, and "did the previous owner get paid", and then they simply say "Yes" even if not the case.... What a headache.
I just submitted for the settlement monies. I am eligible for the full amount of $3,075 as I purchased it new back in 2015. I know people jumped quickly to get the money back in May 2019 and did the AEM software update to qualify. The court allowed original owners who own the vehicle extra time to file for the claim.
The one guy waited over three months when he submitted it at the end of May.

2015RAMguy

May 21, 2020
Truck Year
I just submitted for the settlement monies. I am eligible for the full amount of $3,075 as I purchased it new back in 2015. I know people jumped quickly to get the money back in May 2019 and did the AEM software update to qualify. The court allowed original owners who own the vehicle extra time to file for the claim.
The one guy waited over three months when he submitted it at the end of May.

I just told my dealer I'm not doing the update on my 2015 BECAUSE of all the reports of it wrecking the truck. Boosti you mentioned the new AEM will fix the turbo lag. Is that a "new" AEM that is improved over the original "fix" or the same fix that wrecks the truck, per guys on this forum?

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
I just told my dealer I'm not doing the update on my 2015 BECAUSE of all the reports of it wrecking the truck. Boosti you mentioned the new AEM will fix the turbo lag. Is that a "new" AEM that is improved over the original "fix" or the same fix that wrecks the truck, per guys on this forum?
It’s supposed to correct the original AEM software update that increased complaints for the Turbo Lag. I can’t confirm the software update because the dealer didn’t state the new update VA7. My truck was getting 24 mpg on the highway. Not the 27 mpg many experienced pre AEM.