• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Possible Limp mode fix due to regen issues

swampfox

Oct 31, 2019
Truck Year
I was working on a 2016 eco diesel, 75k miles stuck in limp mode due to regen plugged soot collector. I found that if I reset the check engine lite then turned the ignition off for 3-4 minutes, fired it back up it would be out of limp mode and would start the regen process. It did go back into limp mode 4 additional times. Each reset process, (reset, turn off wait and restart) I was able to get further down the road, and it eventually completed regen. Running great now. I noticed that with the a forced regen process with my friend's snap-on unit, the vehicle wouldn't regen, but it also said to turn off ignition for at least 60 seconds. So I tried this process with my Harbor Freight unit and it worked. It's worth a try if you're stuck in plugged soot collector regen limp mode.

swampfox

Oct 31, 2019
Truck Year
Then I got lucky. I'll let you know on the next one that is in limp mode, how it goes. i get about one on these a month here at our lot.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
When its 100% its WITECH to clear the Service electronic throttle , Alfa for the work around to Regen.
Snap-on works on everything, great at Nothing when it comes to Diesel...I have NOT purchased snap-on electronics in years Way over priced and have China Origin.

swampfox

Oct 31, 2019
Truck Year
When its 100% its WITECH to clear the Service electronic throttle , Alfa for the work around to Regen.
Snap-on works on everything, great at Nothing when it comes to Diesel...I have NOT purchased snap-on electronics in years Way over priced and have China Origin.
That's why I borrowed my buddies. Just noticed what it had to say about turning off the vehicle for 60 seconds then fire up for regen . Thought I would try it with my Harbor Freight tool and went thru the suggested process and it worked for me. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I've been at this a long time, and what I've found, don't be afraid to try anything, with caution of coarse. Licence # 1000459. 50 years in the business and always open minded to suggestions and ideas. I was tired of taking our trucks here at the lot to the dealer for forced regen, so I tried this process and it worked. So for those who don't have a WITECH or other expensive units, It's worth a try. I appreciate the input.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Nice to See Swampfox.. took the initiative and kick Butt(y)