• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Potential new owner

rjmcan

Jul 27, 2021
Truck Year
Hi there,

We are considering a 2016 Laramie Limited with 238K kms (148k miles). Price is good but it needs tires, brakes and some minor body work. We've got a $5k budget for all the fixes. The check engine light is on, it has a shimy above 100kph/60 mph, sunroof is wonky, radio won't play FM but will play Sirius. There's also a smell of coolant after the test drive but we saw no leaks or drips. Are we crazy or should we keep going? Any info would help. Thanks, Bob

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome! At this point I would advise against it, unless it comes with a goooooood warranty.

A decent set of tires is 1k plus, brakes and rotors could potentially be 1k, depending on if rotors are are up, quality of pads, and so on, and body work adds up quickly.

The fact you smell coolant worry’s me. It tells me the egr may be leaking, which is a recalled item, but these engines don’t do well when coolant has been dumping into the intake.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Rjmcan, $5000.00 is just not enough...So IMO the selling price would need to be $15K US.

The SCR/DPF Intake Plenum will be $6K+, The EGR may have been already been replaced if so another $1K, Tires $1K, Radio another $1K, The sunroof sticks open anther $1K.

Minor Body work $$$$+

Yes all this = Crazy, plus the inherit failure rate that's $8K+

rjmcan

Jul 27, 2021
Truck Year
Thanks for the feedback gents, we're moving on to other options.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
look for deleted or Tuned for majority of Life.