• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Priming Fuel Filter after change

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Did you run the pump dry?

John

Nov 13, 2015
I guess it's possible when the drain plug was stripped and only sucking air. I wonder how may attempts at priming under those conditions would actually destroy the pump

Theheathster

Dec 10, 2019
Truck Year
I’m not thinking I ran the pump enough to make it go out. When I say I stripped it, it did not leak or hiss. I over tightened it one round initially. I guess it is possible but I’m figuring the pump was having problems before the filter change. I got it back today and the acceleration is noticeably better. I’ve generally got a light foot but my wife hated driving my truck because the acceleration is nothing like her Hemi 1500. I’m glad it is fixed and under warranty

John

Nov 13, 2015
I’m not thinking I ran the pump enough to make it go out. When I say I stripped it, it did not leak or hiss. I over tightened it one round initially. I guess it is possible but I’m figuring the pump was having problems before the filter change. I got it back today and the acceleration is noticeably better. I’ve generally got a light foot but my wife hated driving my truck because the acceleration is nothing like her Hemi 1500. I’m glad it is fixed and under warranty
Glad it's fixed. I'm puzzled about not over tightening the plug because in the other thread you said " I put the brass one in and it was blown out during the priming."

Theheathster

Dec 10, 2019
Truck Year
Glad it's fixed. I'm puzzled about not over tightening the plug because in the other thread you said " I put the brass one in and it was blown out during the priming."

nothing to be puzzled about. It wasn’t initially over tightened. That was a mistake I made on the second or third time I removed/replaced the filter cap. The initial filter change, the believe everything was right. When it was blown out,I had only hand tightened it. It was a long and stressful week.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I bet it was a long and stressful week. Like I said, I'm happy you got it figured out.