• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pump noise?

alaskapilot

Oct 29, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2016 Limited, and I have recently notice what sounds like a pump running under the hood whenever I open the driver's door. Seems like it runs for about 20 seconds or so and sounds like it's struggling a little. I don't recall hearing this before, but maybe I just haven't been paying attention. I don't have air lift, so it isn't an air pump...any ideas on what I'm hearing? Thanks in advance for your responses.

67_Valiant

Feb 9, 2020
Truck Year
I have a 2016 Limited, and I have recently notice what sounds like a pump running under the hood whenever I open the driver's door. Seems like it runs for about 20 seconds or so and sounds like it's struggling a little. I don't recall hearing this before, but maybe I just haven't been paying attention. I don't have air lift, so it isn't an air pump...any ideas on what I'm hearing? Thanks in advance for your responses.

As @Tremper126 pointed out, there are a number of noises that come from under the hood when you turn the ignition on or off (not to mention in the dash). The way you are describing it, I think it is fuel from the lift pump going through the lines, but there is another noise caused by the throttle valve when it closes (usually after shutting the ignition off). Could be either one.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
DEF Pump vacuum, to stop the line from freezing.