2015 Ecodiesel with 249,650 miles. The truck displayed a CEL of P0420 which the dealer said was a faulty DPF. They replaced the DPF but then the CEL came back on. They replaced the DPF again and again before I finally complained enough that they weren't fixing the issue. To make a long story short, the dealer called in their Commercial Diesel Engineer and after looking over my truck, he said I need to not fill up with #2 renewable diesel. I live in southern California and yes, i'm sure the renewable diesel blend may be a contributing factor. I've filled up solely with Chevron Diesel since owning the truck in 2015. The dealer drained the fuel, cleaned out the tank and cleaned the injectors. They filled the tank with standard #2 diesel. Apparently, there was a service bulletin about this and i've asked the dealer to share it with me.
Has anyone else heard of the fuel type causing issues with our engines? My truck can't be the only one with this issue.
Has anyone else heard of the fuel type causing issues with our engines? My truck can't be the only one with this issue.