• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Radiator Fan running all the time

Ian

Mar 12, 2016
Truck Year
I have a quick question, I’ve searched everywhere but my Ecodiesel’s radiator fan seems to run all the time regardless of the outside temperature or engine temp. I did some troubleshooting and found that it doesn’t run if I shut my climate off so no blower inside. I’ve read that the rad supposedly kicks on with the AC but my fan doesn’t care if the AC is on or not and whether the heat is all the way up or it’s all the way cold the rad fan runs at what looks like low speed.

I drove the truck with the inside blower off and the rad fan wasn’t on and waited for the heat to hit 222 and the fan kicked on like it’s suppsed to do so I feel better that it’s at least protecting it from overheating. Is this normal operation or was it part of an update or something? It just strikes me as not very practical in the cold, I started my truck the other morning at -10 and the fan was running which is not what I want in Yellowknife at -40, i have a hard enough time getting it up to temp. I’d think the fan would hardly kick on at all in the winter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

John

Nov 13, 2015
The AC will run anytime you have the climate control on if it's calling for defrost. If the fan is off with climate controll off, it sounds like normal operation.

Ian

Mar 12, 2016
Truck Year
ok I didn’t know that, I thought the AC light had to be on for the AC to be considered on. Thanks for the info sir

John

Nov 13, 2015
The climate control system is pretty smart in our trucks and has a mind of its own. It's probably much smarter than me.