• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rear Air Ride Only?

Sterrac

Oct 22, 2016
Truck Year
Just purchased a used 2014 1500 Crew Cab. Noticed it had air shocks on the rear of the vehicle, is this a factory thing? The air inlets on the back of the bumper appear to be added on. Can't seem to find what pressure I need to maintain. All the searching I did concerned trucks with factory 4 wheel air ride and had the controls on the center stack, mine hasn't the controls.

And was curious if I could put a front leveling kit on the truck with the rear being on bags.

Thanks.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
Just purchased a used 2014 1500 Crew Cab. Noticed it had air shocks on the rear of the vehicle, is this a factory thing? The air inlets on the back of the bumper appear to be added on. Can't seem to find what pressure I need to maintain. All the searching I did concerned trucks with factory 4 wheel air ride and had the controls on the center stack, mine hasn't the controls.

And was curious if I could put a front leveling kit on the truck with the rear being on bags.

Thanks.
sounds like firestone airbags (aftermarket). just adjust to your liking for ride quality. It's a near certain indicator the previous owner used it for towing.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year

Thanks.
Yep aftermarket. I'd basically dump the air in them so you keep your cushy coil spring suspension and then if you ever tow you've got a little more oomph in the rear.

Go ahead for a level or whatever you please up front

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Most aftermarket air bags require you to maintain at least 5psi in them. You well need to figure out which type you have. Are they inside your rear coils or did they mount where the stock bump stops used to be?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Most aftermarket air bags require you to maintain at least 5psi in them. You well need to figure out which type you have. Are they inside your rear coils or did they mount where the stock bump stops used to be?
By "basically dump the air" I meant only maintain enough psi to keep them properly seated. Not pull the valve and completely deflate them

Sterrac

Oct 22, 2016
Truck Year
Inside the coils. I did a bit of research and think I have them figured out. Need to makes sure there is some pressure in them.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
If there inside the coils and they are red. Then they are Airlift 1000's which work well you just have to air them up before putting on a load.

Michel

Dec 11, 2015
Truck Year
Just installed Airlift 1000 on mine. Went well. I have read to keep a minimum of 5 - 10 psi when not in use but how do we set pressure when towing a trailer? Any tips on how setting the pressure a an optimal level?

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Just installed Airlift 1000 on mine. Went well. I have read to keep a minimum of 5 - 10 psi when not in use but how do we set pressure when towing a trailer? Any tips on how setting the pressure a an optimal level?

Before you hook up to your trailer inflate the air bags to 35psi. Then once your trailer is fully hooked up air them down to achieve level.