• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rear diff oil

DTM

Nov 15, 2016
Truck Year
I'm having a hard time finding when the oil in the rear differential needs to be changed. Also, I read that the trans fluid doesn't need to be changed but I heard from other people that it does. What have you all heard? Thanks

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
What does your book say?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

DTM

Nov 15, 2016
Truck Year
I bought my truck used and it didn't come with the book. Was reading one online and it didn't give me much info on either. Just the type of oil to use.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Have you looked at www.mopar.com? I think the manual can be downloaded from that site...

Personally, I'm going to change my differential fluids around 50k.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Differentials should be changed every 20k if
using your vehicle for police, taxi, fleet, off-road or frequent trailer towing, per your owners manual. Now the transmission is a lifetime fluid. But I'd recommend no longer than 60k between fluid and filter changes.

SuperTodd

Sep 28, 2015
Truck Year
I have looked at both vavoline and mobil synthetic rear axle fluid and they say for limited slip. Just wondering what limited slip additive I need to add?